Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Making your own Toys.

acefunko001

Reaction score
Hey guys, when we talk of toys, we usually associate it with buying our own toys. But did you ever make your own toys in the past? Sound crazy but my dad did just that when we were still kids. He made us a big kite, in the Philippines we call it a "Goryon" , the span of its wings can be an arms length from left to right, and you need to double the nylon ropes attached to it otherwise it will snap.We also made our own colored sun visors made from card boards and colored cellophane so we can have our eyes protected from the glare of the sun. We will fight it out with our own kite like warplanes doing a dogfight in the air! It was fun really. How about you, any toys you made sometime in your life as a kid?

Henrywrites

Reaction score
Hey guys, when we talk of toys, we usually associate it with buying our own toys. But did you ever make your own toys in the past? Sound crazy but my dad did just that when we were still kids. He made us a big kite, in the Philippines we call it a "Goryon" , the span of its wings can be an arms length from left to right, and you need to double the nylon ropes attached to it otherwise it will snap.We also made our own colored sun visors made from card boards and colored cellophane so we can have our eyes protected from the glare of the sun. We will fight it out with our own kite like warplanes doing a dogfight in the air! It was fun really. How about you, any toys you made sometime in your life as a kid?

We did some local toys as well back in those days when we were kids. It was a period we got creative with almost everything that we do which is not really good as the ones we buy from the market. So, we grew up buying more toys from the market back in those days.

walet

Reaction score
I have never made my own toys but I did create some small toys from wood for my older son, I will probably create more in the future for my second son that has now only 6 months.

vinaya

Reaction score
My parents never made any toys for us. Perhaps because they did not have skills to make toys for their children. However,r they liked buying toys for their kids. My sister had a Barbie and I had a toy camera and toy phone. One day our aunt came to live with and she made a rag doll for my sister. I never had a home made toy.

pamz

Reaction score
yep I did make a kite when I was young, how nostalgic that now a days you won't see anyone playing those kinds of games and most kid are stuck at home face on the computer all day long, back in the days I also used to play with tires roll it over then run with it while pushing is with sticks.
now kids wants cellphone, ipads to play with.

JackOAT

Reaction score
Yes. I remember as a kid I used to make or build my own toys. Usually, it is made of wood, rubber and tin cans. I also used old rubber tires, boxes and fruit create. I used to make toys with my Dad when I was a little kid because the toys store is too far from our place.

fishbate

Reaction score
Yup, i remember making my own pool table out of cardboard's and marbles. I used to watch my dad playing pool and i always wanted to try but i was too small back then that i could even reach the table to cue the balls. That's why i created my own mini pool table, its not that great as the table is not that firm but i have lots of fun.

amelia88

Reaction score
I feel like maybe my parents generation did this more than my own. It's a little sad when I think about the fact that I didn't really ever make my own toys, but it's something that I can try and encourage in my own children.

I think it's fun for children to enjoy something that they've created with their own two hands!

jeniffer26

Reaction score
I just did a kite for my students. It was really fun to fly a kite it is quite interesting for kids.

MomoStarr16

Reaction score
I am like an inventor when I was a kid. Making toys out of trash. Remembering those days are so cool. Making happy by simple and cost less effort.

Bawon

Reaction score
I know how to make kites when I was still a kid and it was actually my father who taught me how to do that. My brother taught me how to make boat with paper and it was a very fun activity playing it in a bucket of water or the pool.

Frost

Reaction score
I have never made my own toys for once. I don't have the skill to do that but what I'm good at is fixing my broken toy.

Heatman

Reaction score
I have been learning how to make my own toys now and it's really been going well. I'm watching a lot of YouTube videos on how to make my own toys now.

Tony

Reaction score
Why go through the stress of making my own toy when there are so many already made toys that I can buy online? I don't have the time to do it. I prefer to buy my toys.

Zuby

Reaction score
I don't know how to make my own toys and I don't think that I'm really ready to learn how to do so. These Funko toys are very cheap on ebay or Walmart or even Amazon.

Phabbyfundz

Reaction score
As a kid I was always looking for ways to get my hands busy, I usually build toy cars , make my own house model or whatever thing my little mind could think about.

Igba

Reaction score
What I was used to doing when I was still a kid was carving a lot of things. I was able to carve up all my toys using any sort of materials. It was a very good way to keep myself busy all the time.

Phabbyfundz

Reaction score
What I was used to doing when I was still a kid was carving a lot of things. I was able to carve up all my toys using any sort of materials. It was a very good way to keep myself busy all the time.
I did a lot of carvings as a kid , I could carve miniature characters of my favorite Superheroes like Batman and also carve out a gun like structure which I use to hunt down vilians in my head.

Bumble

Reaction score
I did a lot of carvings as a kid , I could carve miniature characters of my favorite Superheroes like Batman and also carve out a gun like structure which I use to hunt down vilians in my head.
The part where you hunt down villains in your head got me laughing very hard. Well, anything is capable of happening with kids, so I'm not surprised. I was never good at making my own toys as a kid because everything was always bought for me.

Jon

Reaction score
If you know how to use 3D printers, you're going to capable of making your own toys in any way that you want.

I'm planning on buying my own first 3D printer next year. So, I'm learning how to use it now. After I'm done, I will start 3D printing anything that I want.

Top Bottom