Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Are you not ashamed playing toys even if you're already grown-up now?

Henrywrites

Reaction score
I don't really see anything wrong with playing toys as adults. There are many toys that one can use as adults and there is no need to feel ashamed as long as you enjoy the happiness that comes with it. I have always said that this is the best feeling about being happy always.

I have seen some adults that are even playing with toys and there is nothing wrong with that as long as I am concerned.

rfinishen

Reaction score
Age is just an illusion made by mankind, I think. There is no such thing as age. It is only made to put standards, identify people. We can all play even if we are grown ups. It does not matter. We are all child at heart. Moreover, we were not born to please everyone, so why be bothered by what other people's going to think about you?
As long as we are happy with what we are doing, then go for it. We only live once so enjoy everything to the fullest. I am in my 20's and I still play toys, not in a way of course the kids play where you spend most of the time playing with other kids but I play as a part of my hobby.
Car models collecting and letting them run makes my heart at ease because I feel like a child who has no worries. It is a great stress reliever. Everyone should try being a child even for a moment.
I'm with your view. toys are not related to age. everyone can play it as long as it makes you happy, as long as it doesn't bother anyone.

JackOAT

Reaction score
I'm not ashamed to play my DOTA 2 action figures and Remote Contol vehicles. :p Not all RC cars and trucks are like the toys you played with as a kid. Some RCs can take nitro fuel and can go up to 100 mph! But RC cars like that take a lot of expertise and technical know-how.

RoseKaizer

Reaction score
If I really love my toys, I play it even if I'm grown up now. I don't care what others was say, because that's what makes me happy. So I will play it whatever I want.

fishbate

Reaction score
Have fun is for all ages, it really doesn't matter what kind of toy you play just as long as you are contented. Games and toys are made to make life more enjoyable.

Dkaraly

Reaction score
I don't really play with toys anymore unless I'm playing with kids, to entertain them. However, I still do a lot of things I used to do when I was little, like listening to music while dancing and jumping around the house or playing video games. Sometimes my parents frown at me for doing those things but I'm not ashamed. Is not like I'm doing something awful or committing a crime. I'm enjoying my life to the fullest and being myself. It's that simple.

jorkster

Reaction score
No way! I believe in being authentic with the things you love. If you're having fun and not hurting anyone, who cares? I love all my "toys" even if they spend more time on a shelf than being played with ;)

vinaya

Reaction score
I play with toys, however, it is usually with kids. I don't play with toys myself. When kids are around, I pick up a toy/s and play with kids. I like to create stories around toys so that the kids enjoy playing toys. I am a good story teller. I don't play with toys with myself not because I am ashamed but because I do not have any interest to do so.

vinaya

Reaction score
I play with toys, however, it is usually with kids. I don't play with toys myself. When kids are around, I pick up a toy/s and play with kids. I like to create stories around toys so that the kids enjoy playing with toys. I am a good storyteller. I don't play with toys with myself not because I am ashamed but because I do not have any interest to do so.

NameGervin

Reaction score
No I am not. There is no shame on it. You worked hard for the money to buy your precious toys, why would you feel ashamed. There is actually no single reason. Some people just like to criticize and judge, it is their nature. There is no actual logic in stopping what makes you happy if you become an adult. I know some people that do not work hard for their hobby. I think by that we should compliment and be proud of ourselves as toy collectors. It is not easy to work and just spend it, it takes dedication. We all should be proud.

Russ

Reaction score
The psychologist Maslow had a theory about levels of maturity and self-actualization. He suggested that one of the qualities of a highly developed person was a sense of whimsy and ability to play. Play is a natural human quality that is suppressed by being self-conscious and concerned about he judgement of others. One of the tests is to hand around a really cute plush toy, those who are more confident in who they are will not hestitate to admire and hug it--those with a more fragile sense of self will act indifferent or disdainful.

pamz

Reaction score
I am not actually playing toys, but more of collecting them, but I often go to a toy store and select which toy I am going to buy. well having a toy even though you are already a grown up doesn't really makes me ashamed of myself maybe this depends on the people on the situation.

superman2727

Reaction score
Some people think that big boys and girls shouldn't play toys anymore because they would think that it's an immature thing to do. But for me, it doesn't matter if grown-up people are still playing toys. As long as they know what they're doing and they know it's for fun only and not being childish and so whatever. Having toys are not only for kids but also for adults it can bring happiness to a person and it's also a stress reliever just to lighten up the mood. So, I'm not ashamed of playing toys even if I'm an old lady now, in fact, I'm proud of it.

Are you not ashamed playing toys even if you're already grown-up now?

Of course not! There's no reason to be ashamed by playing my toys from the past even if I'm a grown-up now. They are my toys in the past so no one can ever blame me if I will gonna play them again. It's nice to reminisce things from the past especially memories who have a big impact in my life before.

pamz

Reaction score
Of course not! There's no reason to be ashamed by playing my toys from the past even if I'm a grown-up now. They are my toys in the past so no one can ever blame me if I will gonna play them again. It's nice to reminisce things from the past especially memories who have a big impact in my life before.

yup and I also don't see any label from the toy or even in the box of the toy that there is an age limit for the toys to be played by adults, and why would you feel ashamed of playing your toys, it just normal to play with it because it's a toy.

bienn05

Reaction score
No, I'm not ashamed of it. I don't care if someone will judged me, as long as I am happy nobody can bother me. We all wanted to relieve stress and playing is just one thing you can do to relieve it.

acefunko001

Reaction score
Grown ups have a way of playing toys different from small kids. I mean if I have a small toy car, I can take it and maybe roll it down a slope and make some experiments on the toy which I think is play itself. But when I use the same toy and make some motor sounds like what small kids usually do, that's another story.

superman2727

Reaction score
yup and I also don't see any label from the toy or even in the box of the toy that there is an age limit for the toys to be played by adults, and why would you feel ashamed of playing your toys, it just normal to play with it because it's a toy.

There is an age restriction for kids but no limit on what you age you can play that specific toy, even us adults can play our toys in the past and we have a right to enjoy them anytime we want.

jenfrancisco26

Reaction score
Well, It is kinda weird to play toys when your are well grown-up but I think there is nothing wrong about playing toys. It was really fun and relaxing.

Igba

Reaction score
I don't understand how or why playing with something that makes someone happy is suppose to make them feel shameful...? It's like when they say adults shouldn't play video games - saying it's for kids. That's complete rubbish.

Top Bottom