Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Preferred treatment method

Martinsx

Reaction score
Once you are ill, you are definitely going to need medical treatment in order to get better and recover from such sickness. Now going to the hospital is going to bring two viable options for you depending on the nature of your illnesses. It's either going to be taking injection or pills to take care of the problem. Personally, I prefer going with injection because the drug enters into the blood stream immediately enhancing its healing possibility. Although I don't have a problem with taking pills either but I'm more comfortable with taking injections.

What's your preferred medical treatment?

treecko142

Reaction score
Well, when you're advised by the doctor to have injections or take a drug intravenously, it is usually for good reason and can be an emergency situation or to relieve pain quickly. It depends on the disease really, but taking pills is easier since you can take them at home and you don't have to go to the hospital to get your treatment.

Martinsx

Reaction score
Well, when you're advised by the doctor to have injections or take a drug intravenously, it is usually for good reason and can be an emergency situation or to relieve pain quickly. It depends on the disease really, but taking pills is easier since you can take them at home and you don't have to go to the hospital to get your treatment.

Personally, I don't have any problems with taking pills, in fact, I can even overdose just to get the sickness away from my body. I'm not encouraging anyone to take overdose before someone would misunderstand me now and go take overdose, it's not good to do so. I have a nurse living close to my house, so I normally get my injections from here with my doctor's prescription.

kaisantos2229

Reaction score
I think it depends on the doctor if the doctor prescribes injected medicines, because if you have a non lethal illness then the doctor will probably advice you to have a intake medicine rather than the injectable medicine.

treecko142

Reaction score
Personally, I don't have any problems with taking pills, in fact, I can even overdose just to get the sickness away from my body. I'm not encouraging anyone to take overdose before someone would misunderstand me now and go take overdose, it's not good to do so. I have a nurse living close to my house, so I normally get my injections from here with my doctor's prescription.

Yeah, always have a doctor's prescription, and don't overdose! Even over-the-counter drugs have labels on the amount which can be reasonably taken by an individual per day, so just stay by those numbers. Some drugs do not show their effects when you overdose until much later in life when your liver or kidneys are messed up, so don't risk it.

Henrywrites

Reaction score
Yeah, some of us might feel that it is the doctor that is going to suggest which option will be better for us, but I have to say that I would always go for the pill option and can only take a different decision when it's clear that the injection is the better option in ensuring that I get the better treatment. The reason is because I've got some fear for needles and don't feel comfortable being injected.

Martinsx

Reaction score
I think it depends on the doctor if the doctor prescribes injected medicines, because if you have a non lethal illness then the doctor will probably advice you to have a intake medicine rather than the injectable medicine.

It's true that the nature of some illness can go along way in deciding the kind of treatment that would be recommended for the patient by the doctor. If it's something very serious and critical, there is a higher possibility of being prescribed both injection and pills medication all together.

Martinsx

Reaction score
Yeah, always have a doctor's prescription, and don't overdose! Even over-the-counter drugs have labels on the amount which can be reasonably taken by an individual per day, so just stay by those numbers. Some drugs do not show their effects when you overdose until much later in life when your liver or kidneys are messed up, so don't risk it.

You have a very good point in the last sentence of your post which states that, "Some drugs do not show their effects when you overdose until much later in life when your liver or kidneys are messed up".

It's in the best interest of the ill individual to take drugs according to the doctor's prescription because going on to overdose is drug abuse and 100% harmful to one's health.

Reaction score
Once you are ill, you are definitely going to need medical treatment in order to get better and recover from such sickness. Now going to the hospital is going to bring two viable options for you depending on the nature of your illnesses. It's either going to be taking injection or pills to take care of the problem. Personally, I prefer going with injection because the drug enters into the blood stream immediately enhancing its healing possibility. Although I don't have a problem with taking pills either but I'm more comfortable with taking injections.

What's your preferred medical treatment?
I agree with you. I prefer to be treated by a injection rather than pills or other prescribe drugs because based on my research, drugs or pills can caused damage to brain and other internal organs if taken regularly in short "side effects". But when it comes to injection, it is more effective than taking pills or drugs.

Martinsx

Reaction score
Yeah, some of us might feel that it is the doctor that is going to suggest which option will be better for us, but I have to say that I would always go for the pill option and can only take a different decision when it's clear that the injection is the better option in ensuring that I get the better treatment. The reason is because I've got some fear for needles and don't feel comfortable being injected.

I do know that some people are cry babies when it comes to taking injection. They would literally refuse to admit that they are sick just because they are afraid of getting injection. One of my cousins is just like that, he would hide his sickness for weeks until it gets back to the extent that he cannot hide it any more before he would have to be forced to go get proper medication in the hospital which would include either injection or pills or both of them.

Martinsx

Reaction score
I agree with you. I prefer to be treated by a injection rather than pills or other prescribe drugs because based on my research, drugs or pills can caused damage to brain and other internal organs if taken regularly in short "side effects". But when it comes to injection, it is more effective than taking pills or drugs.

I think that the issue of pills causing damages to brains and internal organs is when one normally overdose on purpose regularly. This have serious side effects on the organs especially the liver and kidney, that's why it's strictly advised that one should be very careful with taking drugs with contacting a physician.

Dictator20

Reaction score
As long as it is possible, always avoid taking drugs as medication specially those high dosage drugs it can affect your liver. Always try natural medication first before anything else. Natural medication such as water treatments, herbal and etc. Lastly, always try to avoid having un-healthy body so always make your body healthy make sure that every things that you do in your body is balance. Remember that Prevention is always better than Cure.

Vinsanity

Reaction score
Whatever the doctor tells me which method is better, no matter what the treatment is, I would still go for it. They are professionals. They studied and have the expertise in their field. The know what is the best way to cure us. I am going to trust them for the medications.

Of course if the choices that they are going to give are of equal effect and time to cure the illness, I would go for taking pills. I already had this phobia in injections because a nurse who had injected me for my immune system (I forgot the specifics of the serum). She injected me and I felt through my bone the tip of the needle. I was shocked back then and got a little hurt.

lisadolor

Reaction score
As much as I can avoid injections, I'd do so because I am afraid of needles being inserted in my skin. I prefer taking pills and capsules instead. But if the illness require an injection, it is okay if it really is for my own sake.

ion

Reaction score
I'm doing self medication, as long as it's not worst. and as long as I can, I would not take any medicine and just allowed my body to do the treatment. I never been confine in a hospital, but I once need the doctor, when my dog accidentally bit me, because I need the treatment during that time, I need the anti rabies vaccines.

jaclynkate

Reaction score
I prefer injection, through injection our body can easily absorb the medicine. And the result is much faster than taking pills.

MomoStarr16

Reaction score
Anything but not injection. I'm afraid of anything that hurt my skin like needles. It is not just like bit of an ant like they said. It is more painful. Even though I'm not young anymore, I still hate being injected by needles.

Top Bottom