Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Making your own Toys.

Shiek

Reaction score
My parents never made any toys for us. Perhaps because they did not have skills to make toys for their children. However,r they liked buying toys for their kids. My sister had a Barbie and I had a toy camera and toy phone. One day our aunt came to live with and she made a rag doll for my sister. I never had a home made toy.
Even if my parents knew how to make toys, they never had the time to do it. It was why they had all my toys bought and shipped for me. I wished they had the time to make one or two for me so that I would also learn how to make them too.

Dori

Reaction score
Hey guys, when we talk of toys, we usually associate it with buying our own toys. But did you ever make your own toys in the past? Sound crazy but my dad did just that when we were still kids. He made us a big kite, in the Philippines we call it a "Goryon" , the span of its wings can be an arms length from left to right, and you need to double the nylon ropes attached to it otherwise it will snap.We also made our own colored sun visors made from card boards and colored cellophane so we can have our eyes protected from the glare of the sun. We will fight it out with our own kite like warplanes doing a dogfight in the air! It was fun really. How about you, any toys you made sometime in your life as a kid?
I can't make my own toys. This is because I don't have any knowledge on how to go about it and I'm not ready to put myself through that course now.

Asaba

Reaction score
It is more expensive for me to try and start making my own toys which is the reason why I prefer having to order anything I want about toys online. This is something that have always worked out so well from me and I don't have any need to start thinking about how to make my own toys.

Top Bottom