Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I stopped collecting figurines when I started working

ivukadinovic

Reaction score
Some time ago I started working as a musician. At the beginning, I had a lot of spare time which I used for taking care of my big figurine collection. But after few months my gigs became so frequent that I didn't have any time left for my Funko babies. I am so disappointed because those figures weren't just a hobby to me. I care for them really much but I do need cash so I must work. Does anybody have the same problem? :(

treecko142

Reaction score
Right now I only buy 1 or 2 per year for the ones I really like, so it's kinda difficult to resist the urge to buy more when I've reached the limit for the year lol, but it helps to have some savings for other necessities and not just spend them all. The smaller collection makes it easier for me to take care of them, and also not getting them out of the box helps preserve them I guess. In your case - on the brightside, you're getting frequent gigs, so congrats! I'm pretty sure in the future you'll have more time with your collection.

junrose123

Reaction score
Honestly I am still collecting right now some figurines but it was only in small quantity unlike when I was not still working that I mostly give much attention to it. Before, I would buy some large quantity and amount for it but now it was very rare for me to have.them due to my very limited time in my work and the need also for much money to sustain for my family daily needs.

ivukadinovic

Reaction score
In your case - on the brightside, you're getting frequent gigs, so congrats! I'm pretty sure in the future you'll have more time with your collection.[/QUOTE]
@treecko142 Thanks! Since I was a kid, my dream was to be a famous guitar player. Today, I know I can't be famous, but at least I am earning some money. That dreamer kid is long gone and that is maybe the main reason why I cherish my figurine collection so much. It makes me feel like a kid again haha :D

ivukadinovic

Reaction score
Honestly I am still collecting right now some figurines but it was only in small quantity unlike when I was not still working that I mostly give much attention to it. Before, I would buy some large quantity and amount for it but now it was very rare for me to have.them due to my very limited time in my work and the need also for much money to sustain for my family daily needs.
@junrose123 I feel you! I haven't started a family yet but I do have a dog and a cat who I love like they were my kids. Also, there is my loved one so I really feel some responsibility. That was the main reason why I decided to pause collecting Pops. I will never stop, though.

Top Bottom