Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Crying over broken toy

Martinsx

Reaction score
When I look back at my childhood days and memories, I would just be laughing myself out remembering all the silly things one used to do back in those days. I wonder if anyone else was exhibiting this behavior of crying so hard whenever he or she had his toy broken? There was a time I literally cried for a whole day because of my broken toy. I would sleep and wake up to crying over again.

kaisantos2229

Reaction score
I admit, I cried a lot every time when my favorite toys is broken. And I remember, my dad used to try fixing the broken if it is still fixable but if not, he will buy the exact the same toy to replace the toy that was broken to stop me from crying. But today, most of the children are no longer interested in traditional toys. Because of the ever growing technology, children of today are more fond in playing with their gadgets such as the mobile phones than the children before. Well I think toys are still important, toy manufacturer should innovate toys technologically to be able to compete in the market.

MomoStarr16

Reaction score
I admit it too. I love my toys especially when I was a child so much. They were my dearly friends and they are always with me. Every time my parents go out to buy something they always buy me toys too. That is why I'm always excited whenever they are going out. And that is how much I love toys. So when they are broken, i feel too depressed like loosing one of my friend.

treecko142

Reaction score
I did too. It's pretty normal for children to cry about their toys, since they are basically all that we really "own" at that point in our lives, which is why some kids don't even share their toys to other children.

lisadolor

Reaction score
I also experienced that. I remembered when one of my dolls was destroyed by our dog. I felt like my doll literally died and cried for it for several days. I cried also because that doll was a gift to me and yet that happened. I even burried my doll just like a real person. I laugh whenever I remember it.

fishbate

Reaction score
Yup..... i was a cry baby back then:eek:. When one of my toy is broken, i would cry in front of my parents just to let them see i'm broken and my life was at the lowest point:p. I would cry my heart out until i got their attention and eventually take care of my problem. My father always knew what to do if one of my toy is broken. He always have a way to repair it!:p

Vinsanity

Reaction score
I have not actually cried over an ordinary broken toy. I did not cry for the reason that, I know that my mom can always buy me a new one. I am not usually the type of sentimental with toys but when I do, I think I would be just sad and not cry. Unless this toy cost too much, of course I would. To me it depends on how much that toy is. lol

jusumortal

Reaction score
Looking back, I don't think I've ever cried because of a broken toy. Actually, when I was a kid I enjoyed breaking toys. It satisfied me, I think. Even now, I think I still have that kind of weird satisfaction. Because I still enjoy watching phones getting destroyed or everyday items destroyed on a hydraulic press or shedder. It's like they made those videos for me. Hahahaha.

Reaction score
When I look back at my childhood days and memories, I would just be laughing myself out remembering all the silly things one used to do back in those days. I wonder if anyone else was exhibiting this behavior of crying so hard whenever he or she had his toy broken? There was a time I literally cried for a whole day because of my broken toy. I would sleep and wake up to crying over again.
Lol we have the same experience. I remembered the time when my older brother gave me a Lego assemble toy and I accidentally broke it because it's so hard to assemble. I cried and wept that time. I can't overcome that feeling because I love that toy. In my mind, I repeatedly say: "What I will gonna do now? How can I fix it? ". That was one of my silly memories of my childhood.

walet

Reaction score
I do remember how my parents took me a robot when I was a small kid, it was taken from the outside of our country. I broke it in an hour, I was so sorry for it and I have cried a lot. My father repairs the robot but it broked again.

Henrywrites

Reaction score
It was hilarious for me now what I did while I was still a kid, I'm someone that loves toys that much that I always make my mom buy anyone whenever we visit the market or toy shop to get some for my youngest brother then. My toy didn't break anyway, but was stolen at school and I have to say that it was a day I thought I'm going to die crying. It was at a point where my mom couldn't bear it that she rushed to toy store to get a replacement.

TheInsaneSakif

Reaction score
Hahaha, of course, I used to cry over a broken toy! I used to love my toys so much, that whenever a part of it got broken, I started crying immediately. Looking back now, I realize how silly I was, being obsessed with a toy! And my disappointment wouldn't last until my toy got replaced with a new one. @Henrywrites I guess we have a similar story!

Martinsx

Reaction score
I admit, I cried a lot every time when my favorite toys is broken. And I remember, my dad used to try fixing the broken if it is still fixable but if not, he will buy the exact the same toy to replace the toy that was broken to stop me from crying. But today, most of the children are no longer interested in traditional toys. Because of the ever growing technology, children of today are more fond in playing with their gadgets such as the mobile phones than the children before. Well I think toys are still important, toy manufacturer should innovate toys technologically to be able to compete in the market.

Lucky you, your parents went to the extent of buying another same toy of yours which was broken, you can trust African parents with how they behave when it comes to buying toys for their kids. When it's broken, you can be rest assured that the toy is over for you. It's either you make use of it in its broken nature or drop it entirely because they are never buying the same toy for you over again.

ion

Reaction score
Yeah of course, when I was a kid, I used to do that when someone broke my toys, and I will start to fight for that. That was the reason why I became selfish over my favorite things until now, not even toys. But in case that I'm the responsible for that broken toys and no one to blame for that, I cry alone and make sure no one will see me.

Martinsx

Reaction score
I admit it too. I love my toys especially when I was a child so much. They were my dearly friends and they are always with me. Every time my parents go out to buy something they always buy me toys too. That is why I'm always excited whenever they are going out. And that is how much I love toys. So when they are broken, i feel too depressed like loosing one of my friend.

All kids are always physically and emotionally attracted and attached to their playing toys no matter it's nature whether the toy is small or bigger in size. I can still remember going to bed with my toy because I wouldn't want another person touching them or talk more of playing with them.

Martinsx

Reaction score
I did too. It's pretty normal for children to cry about their toys, since they are basically all that we really "own" at that point in our lives, which is why some kids don't even share their toys to other children.

I'm 100% guilty of this act, I would never entertain sharing any of my toys with any other kid even when I had many. This shows how possessive I was with my toys back then. I can seat back and recall all those memories and I would keep laughing myself out because it was one silly way to behave as a kid.

jaclynkate

Reaction score
Yes I did, I really cried because it's my favorite toy. When we went to the toy store, I ask and beg my parents to buy me that toy,It's a little bit expensive, so that time they didn't bought it.Until my birthday came, they surprise me, they bought that toy. So, I was really happy, because I've been wanting that toy for so long. And that toy also reminds the memories of my dad, the happy memories when he was still alive. I'm a Daddy's girl.

Martinsx

Reaction score
I also experienced that. I remembered when one of my dolls was destroyed by our dog. I felt like my doll literally died and cried for it for several days. I cried also because that doll was a gift to me and yet that happened. I even burried my doll just like a real person. I laugh whenever I remember it.

Haha, I couldn't stop laughing reading your experience with your destroyed doll. I think I have seen this kind of thing in movies but I can't remember the particular name of the movie. It was funny remembering that now from reading your experience. I bet the doll still is buried till today and I'm certain it's yet to decay (lol). You can easily go get it out.

junrose123

Reaction score
When I was young I experienced that feeling wherein you would cry for a certain toy because it was damage or broken. It is really sad to see that your favorite toy was been damage due to some reasons. I really hate that feeling because it makes me cry for the whole day. I still remember my childhood days wherein my favorite toy was broke by my neighborhood friend and I cried when I learned about that incident and we have some quarrel because he destroyed my favorite toy which is very important to me.

Martinsx

Reaction score
When I was young I experienced that feeling wherein you would cry for a certain toy because it was damage or broken. It is really sad to see that your favorite toy was been damage due to some reasons. I really hate that feeling because it makes me cry for the whole day. I still remember my childhood days wherein my favorite toy was broke by my neighborhood friend and I cried when I learned about that incident and we have some quarrel because he destroyed my favorite toy which is very important to me.

Kids would always behave like kids no matter how anyone thinks. Toys are huge part of any kids life because they literally cannot go a day without having to play with them. I can remember sneaking mine to to school in order to play with it during break period. I hardly give the toy to any fellow student because they are definitely going to damage it.

Top Bottom