Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why do you listen to music

Martinsx

Reaction score
Music serve various purposes to people in different ways. Some listen to music when they are down, sad and pissed and it helps them get through such tough times in one piece. While others loves music because it's just music, and are seriously addicted to listening to it anytime of the day. My favorite use of music is in making use of it as a sleep inducer. It helps me sleep just like a little baby.

What purposes to do listen to music for?images (9).jpeg

Henrywrites

Reaction score
Listening to music is like a big part of me in the sense that with music, I can get to do bigger things that I wouldn't have achieved without having a song playing on my phone or device. It's really good that I can get better just by listening to music for it is a sort of motivation to me at the end of the day.

walet

Reaction score
I listen to music all the time, I use my cell when I am on the road and when I am driving I listen to music in my car, at home, I listen to music on my PC while I am working or not. The reason why I am listening to music is for relaxing, the music makes me forget about my problems and the daily routine.

ivukadinovic

Reaction score
It relaxes me. I am also a musician so I must listen to all the new tracks on the market so I could include some of them in my gigs. People love everything that's hot and popular. Sadly for me, all those super popular tracks just disappear very fast and the new one come out. Personally, I like me some R'n'R. Lynryd Skynyrd will always be my favorite band of all time. If it's not R'n'R then there are some classics like Sinatra and, recently, I started enjoying some world music, especially Concha Buika. She has some great stuff, like No Habra Nadie En El Mundo, Soledad, Jodida Pero Contenta and so long.

ion

Reaction score
Stress reliever for me. It's helps me to get relax and think clearly. And if I feel tired and exhausted, music boost my adrenaline. Music also helps me to ignore the people around me specially in a crowded place. It's helps me also to sleep, and avoid the over thinking. And from the lyrics of my favorite music, I found out that, I'm not alone, because I can relate to the music lyrics.

shanndelbert

Reaction score
Our brain seems to be hard-wired to respond to music. A study shows music affect our brain significantly, maybe that’s why it can change our moods, affects how we feel. Also, there is a theory that music can be a tool for physical healing, science now considers music as a medical tool.
My belief to this is that music can either bring negative or positive impact in our life. It is a gateway in another dimension- spiritual realm. Spirits either good or bad can use music as a tool to access to people. In a spectator’s perspective, we can see people doing crazy stuff while listening to hard music like rock music, in contrast, we see gentleness and goodness to the people who are deep in into listening to good lyrical music particularly to Christian songs.

kaisantos2229

Reaction score
Someone once asked me: Why do I love music so much? Then I replied: Because it's the only thing that stays, when everything and everyone is gone.
I consider music my salvation for every problem I faced in my life.

MomoStarr16

Reaction score
I listen to music to ease my negativity. It is my comfort zone whenever I listen to my favorite music. Pop punk is my favorite genre. They gives me positive vibe when i listen to them. :D

MomoStarr16

Reaction score
Someone once asked me: Why do I love music so much? Then I replied: Because it's the only thing that stays, when everything and everyone is gone.

Hahaha. You are right dude. We can only have assurance that music will stay and will never leave us. Good point. :D

jusumortal

Reaction score
Everyone: has reasons
My dumb brain: me like sounds
I like how the answers are more and more detailed I am here like "I just like sounds."

theartisttt

Reaction score
I listen to music not just because of the beat and the rhythm. I listen to music because of the words and the lyrics and how it takes me to a place I've been before and a place I've never been too. It makes me feel an emotion I've felt, an emotion that I never felt and an emotion that I've been dying to feel. It's a form of art that makes you feel something. It just makes me happy. When I am happy and I listen to music, it makes me happier. When I am sad, it drowns all the monsters in my head. When I am sad, it endures the pain with me. When I am sad, it makes me happy. Music just makes everything better and I can never imagine a world without music or I will never imagine it. I can enumerate thousand of reasons why I listen to music but I can never enumerate even just a single reason why I love music because even I, can't explain why I love it. Also, having a reason for loving something means that there is a tendency that when that reason is gone, you'll stop loving it too. I don't have a reason for loving music because I don't want to stop loving music.

ramo06

Reaction score
Actually I'm not a music lover but I just love listening music. That's the first thing I did whenever I bored or I'm not cheered up so I really need to listen that music and it's great because it really working. After listening music, I cheered up and back to normal that's why listening music for me is especial.

Martinsx

Reaction score
Listening to music is like a big part of me in the sense that with music, I can get to do bigger things that I wouldn't have achieved without having a song playing on my phone or device. It's really good that I can get better just by listening to music for it is a sort of motivation to me at the end of the day.

Music is a great entertainment for those that appreciate it, in fact it has the power of making your life a lovely and lively one by adding a bit of spark to it. I tend to use music in more 80% of the 24 hours in the day because it helps me keep cool and calm while I handle my daily tasks.

Martinsx

Reaction score
I listen to music all the time, I use my cell when I am on the road and when I am driving I listen to music in my car, at home, I listen to music on my PC while I am working or not. The reason why I am listening to music is for relaxing, the music makes me forget about my problems and the daily routine.

You are very correct about music effect on one's problems especially if it's emotional related problems. It helps take my mind off such distrusting issues while calming my nerves in the process. I do take my music with me anytime I'm in the vehicle either when I'm traveling on a long distance trip or just a short road trip.

Martinsx

Reaction score
It relaxes me. I am also a musician so I must listen to all the new tracks on the market so I could include some of them in my gigs. People love everything that's hot and popular. Sadly for me, all those super popular tracks just disappear very fast and the new one come out. Personally, I like me some R'n'R. Lynryd Skynyrd will always be my favorite band of all time. If it's not R'n'R then there are some classics like Sinatra and, recently, I started enjoying some world music, especially Concha Buika. She has some great stuff, like No Habra Nadie En El Mundo, Soledad, Jodida Pero Contenta and so long.

Wow, it's nice having a music artist in the house, I'm thrilled to have you here. Since you are already in the field of music, I'm already sure that you are well aware of the benefits of having to listen to music often and on. It serves various purposes that one cannot imagine. It is very good stress reliever as it posses the ability to slip into one's emotions and calm down the edgy nerves. Music is very powerful.

Martinsx

Reaction score
Stress reliever for me. It's helps me to get relax and think clearly. And if I feel tired and exhausted, music boost my adrenaline. Music also helps me to ignore the people around me specially in a crowded place. It's helps me also to sleep, and avoid the over thinking. And from the lyrics of my favorite music, I found out that, I'm not alone, because I can relate to the music lyrics.

Music helps me in stress relief purpose to throw extent that it has the power to put me to sleep when I'm finding it difficult to sleep maybe when something is really bothering me in the heart and mind. Once I put on a slow soft music, it mellows my heavy mind and heart, thereby putting my mind at ease for me to dose off without any problems or finding it difficult.

Martinsx

Reaction score
Our brain seems to be hard-wired to respond to music. A study shows music affect our brain significantly, maybe that’s why it can change our moods, affects how we feel. Also, there is a theory that music can be a tool for physical healing, science now considers music as a medical tool.
My belief to this is that music can either bring negative or positive impact in our life. It is a gateway in another dimension- spiritual realm. Spirits either good or bad can use music as a tool to access to people. In a spectator’s perspective, we can see people doing crazy stuff while listening to hard music like rock music, in contrast, we see gentleness and goodness to the people who are deep in into listening to good lyrical music particularly to Christian songs.

I think that I have something about this research that you mentioned here about music having a connection with our brain. The truth is that, it's our brains that process the lyrics and beats of the songs we listen to, so therefore such music have the power to affect us in the brains.

Also, I completely agree with you that music can either be of positive or negative effects to its listeners and everything is solely dependent on the kind and nature of music one listens to.

Martinsx

Reaction score

Wow, what a touching way to analyze the impact and importance of music to us in this world. I hope you don't mind my asking this, are you a poet? The reason why I asked this is because your response to that person who asked you why you love music so much is very poetic.

Martinsx

Reaction score
I listen to music to ease my negativity. It is my comfort zone whenever I listen to my favorite music. Pop punk is my favorite genre. They gives me positive vibe when i listen to them. :D

I do enjoy pop music as well, I normally listen to such music genre when I'm in playing mood and hanging out with friends. It allows our discussion to flow well as we enjoy our company with one another. I also enjoy heavy metal music whenever I'm playing action combat games, it gives me power in kicking my enemies ass.

Martinsx

Reaction score
Hahaha. You are right dude. We can only have assurance that music will stay and will never leave us. Good point. :D

You are absolutely correct, that his point is so touching and exceptional. I don't think I have ever heard someone describe music importance in such manner. It almost made me sob reading that his comment.

Top Bottom