Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What is the most that you've spent on a character?

acheno84

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider myself an avid collector, but I do have a few characters in my house. Just curious, what is the most that you've spent on a character? I know that there are some that are hard to find and a rare sell, but since I'm still getting into these adorable little guys, I'm curious to see what the going rate is for some.

themusicliveson

Reaction score
My most expensive Funko was my Xenomorph figure, which I think was around 15 or so dollars when I found it on Amazon.

I really wanted the special set of the three dragon figures from Game of Thrones but I couldn't find them anywhere for cheaper than 60 dollars and I thought that was way too much for three figures in a box.

Blaze

Reaction score
For me, it has to be the Funko Pop Silver Loki:

529_Loki--Thor-Movie-.jpg

This one is from the first Thor movie. Right now, it is sold for about $80 to $85 but back then, it was sold much higher. Still, I do wish I have the Batman Flashpoint Pop Vinyl:

384_Batman--Flashpoint-.jpg

About 480 pieces were made and right now, it's sold for $590. But it can go as high as $800, depending on the bidder.

jahroberts

Reaction score
Wow, to the post above me.

As high as $800! I'd buy that just as an investment LOL.

I haven't spent anywhere near that on one figure.

Mine was around $20 I guess (if my GBP to USD conversion is right LOL)

ThesePretzels

Reaction score
I try to limit my pending to within 200% of MSRP, if not things could get out of fast. Lucky I haven't yet acquired a taste for any of the more limited releases like that Batman, pretty awesome none the less.

rz3300

Reaction score
Well I am a pretty cheap person when it comes to my purchases to begin with, and I have been the same when it comes to my figures, but the good news is that they are not too expensive. I think that the most I have ever spent was around 50 dollars, but other than that it is usually nothing the breaks the bank. I agree with @jahroberts on the $800 one...that would need to be a serious investment consideration.

mharzenas

Reaction score
I spend a lot now with Random pop but I am looking forward to spend for star wars pop collection :)

MomoStarr16

Reaction score
Of course a Law Trafalgar chibi style toy. I do like him so much. He is my collection. :D

download (1).jpg

jbca

Reaction score
I probably spend a few hundred dollars a month, between BDs and figures. It definitely varies depending on the timing of specific releases, though. Some months I don't buy anything, sometimes I blow my entire budget on preorders. If you're new to the hobby, then your spending should curve down once you're not overwhelmed by all the goodies. I had the same problem during my first few months and when I got a decent job. However, if you have been at this for a while and still easily spending $300+ every month, you need to prioritize and put some thought behind your purchases.

mharzenas

Reaction score
So far I spend couple of bucks with random collection! and I am looking forward to buy a collection set of my favorite movie! series!

Top Bottom