Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Are you picky with your kids's toys?

jyy

Reaction score
Some parents might monitor them, you know like they would with video games or music. However, though, are there really any toys that are a bad influence? Are there some too violent or perhaps encourage what some consider immoral behavior? Well, I'm sure some religious people would object to scantily clad dolls.

Last edited:

fishbate

Reaction score
As a parent it is our responsibility to keep our kids safe in any aspects of life. Toys are one of the things that our kids make use of with a significant amount of time. One should always consider the toys specifications. With this you can probably say your child is safe and well with the toy. Although i still recommend that monitoring your child is one of the best way to keep them safe. Having a toy that you vigorously picked is a plus on the child's safety.

Martinsx

Reaction score
Even though they are kids, it's still very important to take care of what kind of toys they are allowed to have access to. Personally, violent inciting toys should be removed from the stock of what is made available for kids to make use of because it's definitely going to have a negative effect on their behavior and thinking. Also some dolly toys are practically designed half nude and this is not good, so I'm taking that away from my kids before they see it as a good way of dressing.

Vinsanity

Reaction score
I may not have kids but if I were a parent, their safety would be my top priority. Obviously I will be picky with their toys. I will make sure that their toys are approved by the concerned government institution that regulates chemical contents in toys. The toys that I am going to buy must be free from toxic chemicals such as from lead. I will make sure that their toys are not small enough to be swallowed by them.

Kids are parents' responsibility. They should also be watched over by them whenever they play.

lisadolor

Reaction score
Yes. I always monitor the toys they get and check it first before buying. I always accompany my children to the toy store to assure that all of his toys are appropriate for his age.

Heatman

Reaction score
I also worry about what my kids do with their toys. It's my duty to take care of them and look after them with how they use their toys. I'm not comfortable with them getting other kid's toy home.

Dori

Reaction score
I'm very picky when it comes to the toys that my kids makes use of. First, they shouldn't be full of rough edges because it's likely to hurt them. I always wash and disinfect the toys after they used it.

Zuby

Reaction score
As long as I'm still the one that's purchasing the toys that my kids are going to use and play, I will be very picky with choosing them because if anything goes wrong, I will be the one to be blamed.

Shortie

Reaction score
I would say that there are some toys that could be a bad influence on kids of certain ages and it is up to the parent to ensure that the toys they play with or the toys they buy are suitable for their age range. It really is up to the parent though and also the maturity of the child as to what toys they would allow them to have and play with. What some children may play with some parents may feel is not suitable for their child for whatever reason and we should abide by that.

Asaba

Reaction score
I have come to understand that some people will always like to add controversy in just about everything. Toys are what a child plays with, so I don't understand how they are dragging it this far.

Tony

Reaction score
Some parents might monitor them, you know like they would with video games or music. However, though, are there really any toys that are a bad influence? Are there some too violent or perhaps encourage what some consider immoral behavior? Well, I'm sure some religious people would object to scantily clad dolls.
There's nothing wrong with getting scantily clad dolls as long as you can put on some made dresses on them. These for for kids and they won't even think towards that angle most adults would think. Unless, it's a toy that's going to be a possible threat in hurting my kid, that's only when I would bother.

Igba

Reaction score

I would make sure that whenever I am getting a new toy for my kids, I will inspect them to make sure that they don't have so many rough edges that are going to be capable of causing injuries to my kids whenever they are playing with it.

Bumble

Reaction score
I'm not actually picky with the toys of my kids. They kid's toys are choosen by them. Whatever they like and want is what I buy for them as long as I can afford it.

Bawon

Reaction score
Sometimes yes, I'm picky with their toys because I would have to work with the budget I have for their toys. It's not possible for me to buy everything they wish for.

Top Bottom