Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What to buy?

Inganni

Reaction score
Hello!

I’m very new to this and have just started to collect.

Now I’m wondering which ones to go for in order to build a collection of rare Pops.
Should I go for all “chase” or is it smarter to search for limited convention ones? Or is it completely depending on each individual doll?

As far as I understand, the limited edition convention pops are rarer than the chase ones? And since I cannot buy them all I thought that it might be a smart idea to only search for chase and specific convention pops.

Also.. I feel that some “normal” pops should also be rare due to low popularity?

Is there a way to find out how many of each version that was released?

Hopefully someone will have the time to reply or point me in the right direction on this forum. I didn’t find anything while searching the forum unfortunately.

Best regards

Johan

Tony

Reaction score
You should also look at your financial capacity before you make your final decision on which way to go with your collection. But as for me, I would choose to get limited convention ones because they are going to rare but more expensive than the usual.

PoPpA popz

Reaction score
Hello!

Now I’m wondering which ones to go for in order to build a collection of rare Pops.
Should I go for all “chase” or is it smarter to search for limited convention ones? Or is it completely depending on each individual doll?

As far as I understand, the limited edition convention pops are rarer than the chase ones? And since I cannot buy them all I thought that it might be a smart idea to only search for chase and specific convention pops.

Also.. I feel that some “normal” pops should also be rare due to low popularity?

Hopefully someone will have the time to reply or point me in the right direction on this forum. I didn’t find anything while searching the forum unfortunately.

Best regards

Johan
When I started I made some mistakes.. I mostly collect for personal collection, but I also have a collection for value. The mistakes I made came with believing the hype on Pops when they came out. I'd buy commons and non exclusive and rarely get any value on them..now I specifically collect exclusives and con stickered items..not all are hits but I get a much better value than when I bought what people said would be grails..I stay away from over produced lines also. So best advice I can g8ve is do your own research and don't follow the hype

funkostoryteller

Reaction score
Hello!

Best regards

Johan
If you're wondering what to buy and looking for some inspiration, I highly recommend checking out this awesome article: "The 50 Best Funko Pops in 2023 (So Far)" on FunkoStories.com. (https://funkostories.com/the-50-best-funko-pops-in-2023-so-far/) You'll find a fantastic list of the hottest and most sought-after Funko Pops of the year.

Top Bottom