Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What is your favorite Comic Book or Manga?

Kakashi2020

Reaction score
I love to read comic books and my favorite title is Sandman by Neil Gaiman under Vertigo and DC Comics I like the way the graphics are done, it's so dreamy looking. What's yours?

Attachments

• IMG_20180223_032427_950.jpg
    IMG_20180223_032427_950.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 2

jusumortal

Reaction score
I am a very big fan of mangas and few manhwas. I've read enough of them so I started searching for manhuas. I searched for the best manhuas on the internet and just by looking by the cover, it bore me. It has the typical old vibe into it and I don't know, I say, it's not my style. Until I asked my best friend's sister. She recommended Ayeshah's Secret to me. When I started, I was really amazed by the art. The characters are so realistic. It's not the typical anime-ish style of art. The story was pretty dark and many seem to find the ending rushed but I think they can't just get enough of it. It's not the best comic or manhua in the world but it's my favorite.

MomoStarr16

Reaction score
Nothing beats One Piece for me. The longest successful manga of all time. The author of it, Oda, is a genius. He is far better than the other manga author. He has this kind of talent that letting you think what will happen next in his story.

jusumortal

Reaction score
Nothing beats One Piece for me. The longest successful manga of all time. The author of it, Oda, is a genius. He is far better than the other manga author. He has this kind of talent that letting you think what will happen next in his story.
Letting you think what will happen next in his story huh. Basically a manga full of cliches? Sounds boring to me.

Kammy143

Reaction score
I love the manga version of "Say I Love You". I think it is a great representation of how teens coupe up with their peers while discovering oneself. I really like the way it shows real problems from bullying, peer pressure and other things that concerns teens.

anahbello1206

Reaction score
My favorite is Naruto. I just love his character on the story some of my friends also read it. However, for my brother I think that he prefers one piece. Both of the characters in the story are strong, witty and adorable.

Kakashi2020

Reaction score

One piece remains the top Manga with 300 million copies sold followed by Golgo 13 at 200 million and at third place is Black Jack.

Kakashi2020

Reaction score
My favorite is Naruto. I just love his character on the story some of my friends also read it. However, for my brother I think that he prefers one piece. Both of the characters in the story are strong, witty and adorable.

Your favorite foxed face ninja - Naruto ranks number 7 with 135 million Manga books sold. It may outranked 6th place Detective Conan this year which has sold 140 million copies so far.

Kakashi2020

Reaction score
I am a very big fan of mangas and few manhwas. I've read enough of them so I started searching for manhuas. I searched for the best manhuas on the internet and just by looking by the cover, it bore me. It has the typical old vibe into it and I don't know, I say, it's not my style. Until I asked my best friend's sister. She recommended Ayeshah's Secret to me. When I started, I was really amazed by the art. The characters are so realistic. It's not the typical anime-ish style of art. The story was pretty dark and many seem to find the ending rushed but I think they can't just get enough of it. It's not the best comic or manhua in the world but it's my favorite.

As for Ayesha's Secret it's like Cinderella's story gone dark and dramatic kinda reminds mo of Brothers Grimm's tales, it's good though. Im not really into Chinese comics but ive read Quan Zhi Gao Shou ( The Kings Avatar ) and it's quite entertaining. But I'm still an Otaku by heart so I read Manga.

jusumortal

Reaction score
As for Ayesha's Secret it's like Cinderella's story gone dark and dramatic kinda reminds mo of Brothers Grimm's tales, it's good though. Im not really into Chinese comics but ive read Quan Zhi Gao Shou ( The Kings Avatar ) and it's quite entertaining. But I'm still an Otaku by heart so I read Manga.
Well if I have to choose my favorite manga, I guess it would be one of Junji Ito's mangas. It's disgusting and disturbing for some but for me,t hey are beautiful. They are what I call art.

MomoStarr16

Reaction score
Letting you think what will happen next in his story huh. Basically a manga full of cliches? Sounds boring to me.

We all have our own kind of preferences in life and you really can't please everyone else. So if the manga i was telling sound boring to you I don't mind it. As long as I love that manga nothing can stop me from loving it. If you hate one piece so you are not an anime fan. There is no anime lover in this world that did not know one piece.

TheInsaneSakif

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Archie comics. I used to love reading these types of comics back when I was a kid and I still do now. However, I don't get much free time now to read comics.

Kakashi2020

Reaction score
There's this comic book ive bought from a fellow collector the books where published in the 80's which I resold for a good price in 2014 it's called Groo the Wanderer by Sergio Aragones and Mark Evanier the outfit was Eclipse or DC I think. It was a good read, its very finny, I had 16 issues of it back then. Now I have some regrets in selling it.

Kakashi2020

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Archie comics. I used to love reading these types of comics back when I was a kid and I still do now. However, I don't get much free time now to read comics.
I started reading comics with Archie and that was a long time ago. I think I haven't read Archie for a decade now but I still have some archie digests here at home.

Kakashi2020

Reaction score
Well if I have to choose my favorite manga, I guess it would be one of Junji Ito's mangas. It's disgusting and disturbing for some but for me,t hey are beautiful. They are what I call art.
Haha I like that...have you seen junji ito's book Uzumaki or watched the film? I got interested at first because I thought maybe it's connected somehow to Naruto who's an Uzumaki :p:p:p I was wrong hahaha. If you like psychological thrillers and horror there's this anime that I like you might want to see it ... Kakegurui

JB Fernandez

Reaction score
One Piece is my personal favorite when it comes to manga. The author Mr. Eichiro Oda did a really amazing job on catching the interest of a lot of readers. Next to Naruto and Dragon Ball Z, I think One Piece is one of the most legendary manga, japan had ever produced.

jusumortal

Reaction score
Haha I like that...have you seen junji ito's book Uzumaki or watched the film? I got interested at first because I thought maybe it's connected somehow to Naruto who's an Uzumaki :p:p:p I was wrong hahaha. If you like psychological thrillers and horror there's this anime that I like you might want to see it ... Kakegurui
Oh yes, I've read Kakegurui. Actually, I'm still reading it. It's the manga that got me to learn hexadecimal for fun and relearn maths that I have forgotten. I love how the manga is about gambling but I haven't seen any cliche gore scenes yet lol. I mean there are fingernails and eye gouging but it's not really the type that others may find disturbing. I've also read a manga that is low-key similar to Kakegurui. The title's Kamisama no Iutoori.

jusumortal

Reaction score
We all have our own kind of preferences in life and you really can't please everyone else. So if the manga i was telling sound boring to you I don't mind it. As long as I love that manga nothing can stop me from loving it. If you hate one piece so you are not an anime fan. There is no anime lover in this world that did not know one piece.
Oh no no no. I actually know One Piece. I mean who wouldn't? It's a popular manga together with Fairy Tale, Bleach, Onepunch-Man, Shokugeki no Soma and of course Naruto. I'm just not really fond of mangas that have 500+ chapters. Not liking One Piece is an unpopular opinion no more. Many are saying that it's one of those mangas that has characters about to fight a boss but before that, they'll go have a picnic on a beach first or something. In short, a manga that has lots and lots of filler chapters.

Kakashi2020

Reaction score
Oh yes, I've read Kakegurui. Actually, I'm still reading it. It's the manga that got me to learn hexadecimal for fun and relearn maths that I have forgotten. I love how the manga is about gambling but I haven't seen any cliche gore scenes yet lol. I mean there are fingernails and eye gouging but it's not really the type that others may find disturbing. I've also read a manga that is low-key similar to Kakegurui. The title's Kamisama no Iutoori.

I think I have to read that "Kamisama no Iutoori" but I like kakegurui a lot it's take on gambling and it's cheats is very entertaining for gambling enthusiasts like me.IMG_20180301_145239_436.jpg

nekonieden

Reaction score
Actually I'm not a fan of reading mangas and comics but I had read one manga. Since I am more fan of watching anime than reading manga, I had watched several of it and one of my most favorite series was the Gakuen Alice. I'm kinda want some more episodes. I want to see more romantic scenes of Natsume Hyuuga and Mikan Sakura so I tried to read and find some episodes that does not exist in anime series and yeah I had read a lot of episodes that doesn't appear in series. After I read all of it's episode from manga, I can't really moved on from the episodes at that time. I feel like i'm addicted again and wanted to watch Gakuen Alice Season 2. I had read a lot of comments in some forums that there was really season 2 of Gakuen but it was only available in Japan so I am very upset so, since I can't do anything about it, I just focus watching other anime series. I almost forgot, I also read the manga, Yakitate Japan and it was so funny and entertaining but I have't finished reading it since I just borrowed it from my classmate.

Top Bottom