Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VINYL IDOLZ: WILLY WONKA

Steamroll

Reaction score
Willy Wonka is the eccentric owner of a Chocolate Factory. In the film, He has hidden five Golden Tickets amongst his famous chocolate "Wonka Bars". The finders of these special tickets will be given a full tour of his tightly guarded candy factory as well as a lifetime supply of chocolate. The contest sets off a global craze, with everyone desperately seeking the tickets. They are eventually found by five children from around the world.

7124_WillyWonka_1024x1024.jpg

This one depicts the classic Willy Wonka performed by Gene Wilder. With his uncanny victorian costume and holding his cane, this action figure really catches the character setting.

lexinonomous

Reaction score
This is the first figurine that I've seen in this style that I like. I think it might be because Willy Wonka is portrayed as a goofy, witty, and just all around odd character to begin with. Grouping him with the Vinyl Idolz, which are generally really weird looking, was the right choice for a chracter like his. Honestly, he is the first character I've seen in this series that didn't make me cringe.

rz3300

Reaction score
I agree with @lexinonomous - I am not a particular fan of the ones that are in this style, so far at least, but this one seems to fit better into the category. Maybe it is the fact that I just picture a tall thin man when I think of Willy Wonka, so that might have something to do with it. I was not the biggest fan of those books or movies, but I do know a lot of people who were so they would love to have it.

Joel7050

Reaction score
The first thing I noticed about this figure are the eyes. The eyes appear a little crossed. It may just have to do with the camera angle, but this means when displayed on a shelf, his eyes would look a little crossed. I like the basic and simple details on his coat. Just enough to add a simplistic look, but not too little to make the entire figure very plain. I would get this!

ivukadinovic

Reaction score
This one looks exactly like Gene Wilder. I'm impressed. I haven't seen this figurine before but I sure like how they made it. But the movie I have seen. It is way better than the one with Johnny Depp. That was a nice try. :)

emgaudet

Reaction score
I love the expression on his face. He looks very tongue in cheek. I also really appreciate all the details. The bow tie, purple coat, and top hat are just perfect. As a die hard Willie Wonka fan, I am impressed!

treecko142

Reaction score
This is impressive, I'm not usually into these sort of figurine collectibles but this looks so well made

Ash

Reaction score
OMG! I have to say that this is one of the best looking figures that I have seen. I thought that some of the Breaking Bad and Rick & Morty Pop Vinyl figures were good looking but this Vinyl Idolz just beats them all quite easily. It would have been even better if there was a way to get the Jonny Depp version of Willy Wonka but this one is as good as well. Do you know if they have a lot of the other characters from the Charlie & the Chocolate Factory series or is it just this one?

Top Bottom