Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Toy Replacements

jyy

Reaction score
As an adult, few of us like to play with toys. Nonetheless, our hearts are drawn to other hobbies. For instance, I like 3D art creation, so I might spend a few hours or more browsing a website for models. To me, it's fun like you couldn't imagine. They have model houses, landscapes, spaceships, you name it. Anyway, would you consider this stuff toys? I do.

Martinsx

Reaction score
As an adult, few of us like to play with toys. Nonetheless, our hearts are drawn to other hobbies. For instance, I like 3D art creation, so I might spend a few hours or more browsing a website for models. To me, it's fun like you couldn't imagine. They have model houses, landscapes, spaceships, you name it. Anyway, would you consider this stuff toys? I do.

I think my kid toy life is over and as an adult my toy hobby have shifted to painted arts. I keep a good collection of it and I enjoy looking at them and even touching them at times. I actually developed it as a new habit to buy one portrait painted art on every 3 months interval and none of my collection is below $50. I will upload a few pictures of my collection and I would love to have anyone's opinion on them. Does it serve as a good toy replacement? IMG_20180129_220615_889.JPGIMG_20180129_191301_937.JPGIMG_20180205_231405_631.JPG

treecko142

Reaction score
Yes, in the general sense, they are toys made for the more mature people who are still kids at heart with an active imagination.

Martinsx

Reaction score
Yes, in the general sense, they are toys made for the more mature people who are still kids at heart with an active imagination.

I like how you put this your point - mature people who are still kids at heart with an active imagination. It takes one with a high sense of creative imagination to really appreciate such works and derive joy in having them around. At this my age, I simply cannot do without such crafts because they add pleasure to my life and make me a very happy and fulfiled person.

Jon

Reaction score
It's not everyone that can get into 3D art creation. It took me 6 months before I got better at it and now, I can be able to print my own toys or anything that I want to print. I'm thinking about printing Deadpool sword.

Igba

Reaction score
I think my kid toy life is over and as an adult my toy hobby have shifted to painted arts. I keep a good collection of it and I enjoy looking at them and even touching them at times. I actually developed it as a new habit to buy one portrait painted art on every 3 months interval and none of my collection is below $50. I will upload a few pictures of my collection and I would love to have anyone's opinion on them. Does it serve as a good toy replacement? View attachment 42View attachment 43View attachment 44
Who's your Artist or dealer? Those work look very beautiful. I would be interested in buying if it's possible to have any of them shipped to the States.

Zuby

Reaction score

The only activity that I use to replace playing with toys as an adult is watching movies and TV shows because it is something that I have found to be more entertaining getting into than playing with toys.

I used to play video games very well but it is no longer something that I have much time to do.

Shiek

Reaction score
Video games is my biggest replacement for toys. It's in fact what pushed me away from using toys. I became so addicted to video games, so I pushed over toys.

Top Bottom