Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

POP! DISNEY SERIES : CHERNABOG

Steamroll

Reaction score
Chernabog is the one of the main villain antagonist in Fantasia and is usually considered to be the film's overall main villain. He is the god of evil and death. The huge, nocturnal demon is based on the god of the night in Slavonic mythology. At the Witches' Sabbath, Chernabog emerges from the peak of Bald Mountain to summon all of his ghosts, who dance under his command as he throws them into the mountain’s fiery pit. Chernabog has been praised as Disney’s best representation of magnificent pure evil.

ChernabogPOPGlam_1024x1024.jpg

At first glance, looks like a mean looking gargoyle. And his presence among your funko! collection is very ominous indeed. Nevertheless, for me is quite fascinating, the very evil tyrant demon archetype itself that probably inspired lots of pop culture characters we see nowadays.

ambersroses81

Reaction score
Well that is super interesting, I'm now googling all of the information you shared and planning a re-watch of Fantasia. I don't think I've seen it since I was about 8. Chernabog is definitely going onto my wishlist. I love that Funko really chooses a variety of characters to make into Pops and other figures. They don't only do the princess, they also recognize that there are a lot of us out there that think the villains are just as interesting, if not more interesting than the protagonists of movies and books.

Steamroll

Reaction score
Really you should rewatch Fantasia. Chernabog rising from the bald mountain is one of the most powerful scenes ever seen in an animation and whips up a demonic crescendo raising ghastly spirits which worship him and get tormented in an orgy of fire and smoke, only to be frightened and subdued by soft bells and heavenly song.

mharzenas

Reaction score
I wonder what will be the reaction of my nephew if I give her this gift. She wants this kind of stuff. Should I give her one now?

noe_lyn

Reaction score
Maybe at morning it may look like as a cutie for me, but at night maybe it could scare me. :phaha!!!
A good gift for my coward baby cousin.:D

jaclynkate

Reaction score
I don't think I'm going to collect this one. Definitely, my kids will throw it, or crashed it, because of its scary face.:D
Just like what we saw in horror movies.;)

Top Bottom