Making Your Own Toys

jyy

When I think of this, it reminds me of Santa's elves. :oops: , but anyway, I'm sure it's something a lot of people are into. Has anyone tried it? Myself, I simply don't have the talent or interest. However, as I mentioned in other threads, I do enjoy creating 3D computer art - which is sort of similar.

Toys comes in different sizes and forms, so are we:p ...we come in different ages and different interests. I'm a diy guy... i appreciate it more when i have my personal touch in it. A toy should give one happiness no matter what it is. Creating one of your own will not just give you happiness also a sense of fulfillment:).

Zeke

I love making my own slingshot when I was a kid. It was very easy and the materials used are easy to find. You do not have to be that talented or artistic to make one. It really fun though!

I can make my own toys based on a character but I never tried making my own toy based on my imagination. Some of the toys I've made by myself as a kid was a slingshot, a teddy bear made from memory foams and clothes, a spinning top and many more. I also sew the clothes of my barbie dolls. One of these days, I am thinking of building my own toy and character and if I do so, I might share it in here.

I remember my childhood because of this post. When i was a child I used to play with small toys with different jobs. Like the one you'll see in a television. I have martial artists, ninjas, soldier, and more. The setting was like a stage play. I make the story the voices of every character. That is how I make my own toys through my own story line.

When I think of this, it reminds me of Santa's elves. :oops: , but anyway, I'm sure it's something a lot of people are into. Has anyone tried it? Myself, I simply don't have the talent or interest. However, as I mentioned in other threads, I do enjoy creating 3D computer art - which is sort of similar.
Well, I don't really make my own toys but I do love building Gundams and RC toys. I've been a fan of Gundam since the day Yoshiyuki Tomino released it's first ever Gundam animated series. I started building my first Gundam model when I was still in college I think that was 2002 and the model I first bought was from Gundam Wings, I think the model was Gundam Epyon. I really had fun of building my Gundams until now.

When we were small, there are some certain playing toys we made for ourselves and they ranges from carton toy cars designed with bottle cock covers as it's tyres. Also there is this one we construct with cassava stem and cut out Dunlop slippers as it's tyres. My childhood days was a very pleasant experience that sometimes I wish I could go back to it for a brief moment to have those kind of fun again and get back to the present time but it's not something possible again. images (23).jpeg

I used to do that when I was in grade school, making my own toys, like toy car made of shoe box, sword and arrow made of bamboo trees, and boat using the Styrofoam. We used to play also in a big box like our own house. It's fun to remember that things and I really miss that old days.

Actually, I did make a train, a car and a plane from wood for my oldest son. Now I am planning to create some more for my second son, he has now three months but he will grow and I love to see him playing with the toys I make.

When I was a kid, I used to make my own toys like paper dolls, kites, boats, making dresses for my barbie, anything that I enjoyed doing.I also make for my friends and playmates and in return, they will give me chocolate or candy in exchange.LOL :D
I am a creative person but I just don't give so much attention on that.And now, I prefer to buy stuff than to create by myself.

Ash

I have never even thought about it really, but I doubt I would ever even bother to make my own toys. It just doesn't interest me at all really and I don't think I would even have the time to make something great. I just think that most people would much rather just find the toy in a shop and buy it. It may be a bit more expensive but I think it's just the better option especially if you are giving someone else the toy since the quality is much better and the kid/person is much more likely to be happy with it as well.

As kids I and my friends used to make robot and ranger costumes from cardboard boxes and buisquit cans. We also punch holes to make masks out of it. Then we go to battle with plastic swords. Those where good fun days.