Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for a good horror movie? Watch "The Exorcist"

Martinsx

Reaction score
I have always been a fan of horror movies and stories. There has been countless horror movies which I have watched so far. I love vampire storyline, werewolves, zombies and ghosts. Among the horror movies that I have watched are IT, Z-Nation, Helix, Hell Raiser, Evil Dead.

But not long ago a friend introduced me to one horror movie called "The Exorcist". It's a demonic possession and deliverance movie. Actually it's a series movie and I must confess that this movie taught me a lot about spirits and possessions. I got to find out that possession has different stages, Possum and Integration stage. Once possession reaches integration, the human soul is lost and the demon now owns the body as it's host. If you haven't watched this movie yet, I strongly recommend you go get it especially those that enjoy horror moviesimages (10).jpeg

AmieBotella

Reaction score
I am inclined also into watching horror suspense flicks. I've seen this movie too. Knowing that these demonic possessions and similar occurrences are happening in real life, You'll get scared on a different level also. If you haven't seen the movie by Sir Anthony Hopkins entitled The Rite, I suggest you go see this film also. You'll be amazed at how one person's spirituality can harbor negative emotions and this is inspired by true story. On top of that, this is a film by Anthony Hopkins and it's a really good film to see.

Attachments

• the rite.jpg
    the rite.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1

treecko142

Reaction score
Watch both films of The Conjuring as well. I like it when my horror movies have a good plot and doesn't rely on just jump scares.

Martinsx

Reaction score
I am inclined also into watching horror suspense flicks. I've seen this movie too. Knowing that these demonic possessions and similar occurrences are happening in real life, You'll get scared on a different level also. If you haven't seen the movie by Sir Anthony Hopkins entitled The Rite, I suggest you go see this film also. You'll be amazed at how one person's spirituality can harbor negative emotions and this is inspired by true story. On top of that, this is a film by Anthony Hopkins and it's a really good film to see.

I'm actually a good horror movie lover, I have actually watched "The Rite" and I must confess that this movie is very interesting and fun. I really enjoyed the movie although I didn't focus well back at the time when I watched it because of lots of distraction that I had then. I was writing my degree exam back then and it really affected me so much but I still scrapped out time to watch the movie. Maybe I would take out time now to watch the movie very well and have better experience and understand of what transpired in the movie.

Martinsx

Reaction score
Watch both films of The Conjuring as well. I like it when my horror movies have a good plot and doesn't rely on just jump scares.

The good plot makes the story more interesting when events are unfolding in the movie. The conjuring seems to be a good one, although it was only it's trailer that I have watched but from what I saw in the trailer, the movie seemed to be one scary one. I will definitely make sure that I watch the movie before this month runs out.

acefunko001

Reaction score
It's funny but when the film Exorcist was shown in Manila for the first time, the local audience was laughing especially when Linda Blair started rotating her head and throwing up greenish matter. I guess there are different tastes when it comes to movie genres in the same manner that there are varying tastes among cultures when it comes to food. I really don't know if westerners have already seen our type of horror stories here in the Philippines like when a Mananggal flies with only half her body or an aswang reaches out ,with his long tongue, to an unsuspecting pregnant woman's belly; or a white lady suddenly appears on the middle of the road. These flicks horrifies us local folks to the bone. I mean we cover our faces and bury our selves behind the seats when we watch such horror films.

Annejk18

Reaction score
It's funny but when the film Exorcist was shown in Manila for the first time, the local audience was laughing especially when Linda Blair started rotating her head and throwing up greenish matter. I guess there are different tastes when it comes to movie genres in the same manner that there are varying tastes among cultures when it comes to food. I really don't know if westerners have already seen our type of horror stories here in the Philippines like when a Mananggal flies with only half her body or an aswang reaches out ,with his long tongue, to an unsuspecting pregnant woman's belly; or a white lady suddenly appears on the middle of the road. These flicks horrifies us local folks to the bone. I mean we cover our faces and bury our selves behind the seats when we watch such horror films.
I guess I'm also one of the people you mention who laugh at Linda when she's rotating her head. It's funny that it's horror but Filipinos find it funny.

myra21

Reaction score
I'm a horror movie lover. Till now I'm looking for a good horror movie to watch during my free time. Thank you for suggesting that kind of horror movie, I will try that.

RoseKaizer

Reaction score
Try also the movie "Deliver us from Evil" it is also a demonic possesion movie, I tried to watched that because it was recommended by my friend. I scared so much when I watched that, but I also learn lesson from that movie. Have faith in God, because if you have faith in God, whatever happens to you, he will help and protect you.

MomoStarr16

Reaction score
If you are really a avid fan of horror ans exorcist movie you will never gonna get happy with the new versions today. They are all the same and nothings really new.

Top Bottom