Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How do you handle a cheating partner?

amelia88

Reaction score
For me personally, I wouldn't stick around if my partner had cheated. To me that's the ultimate breach of trust - I'd rather someone break up with me than cheat! If you look at the most important parts of a relationship, trust has to be close to the top in my opinion. Once that's broken, I think it's really hard to repair.

jusumortal

Reaction score
I think If you're partner cheats to you then you should break up with him/her. Because If he/she can do it to you. Then, he/she can do it to you again and again. Just saying.
Break up right away? Without talking? Maybe you are the problem why the person does the cheating stuff. Like, that person wants some company and every time (or maybe a lot of times), you weren't there to accompany the person or maybe you did something wrong that you thought isn't. If you really love the person, you should him/her (gender equality lol) a second chance or maybe instead of breaking up with him/her (again, gender equality) just cool off.

Henrywrites

Reaction score
For me personally, I wouldn't stick around if my partner had cheated. To me that's the ultimate breach of trust - I'd rather someone break up with me than cheat! If you look at the most important parts of a relationship, trust has to be close to the top in my opinion. Once that's broken, I think it's really hard to repair.

In as much as I feel that you have a point on the need for us not to breach the trust we've built overtime in a relationship, there is need for us to see the good side of everything we do in life in the sense that communication is one key way that we can get to find out what really happened at the end of the day. This is a way that we get to hear from our partner on why they did so and I think that we can forgive as long as they are serious about changing from their ways.

fishbate

Reaction score
I would be broken if my partner cheats on me. I really don't think i deserve to be in that situation, i'm a faithful man and very family oriented. So for me being cheated would be devastating. But of course, life is all about understanding and survival. Everybody deserves a second chance specially a person that means everything to you.

acefunko001

Reaction score
I don't want to even think about it because that is serious stuff, especially among married couples. It's even considered to be a mortal sin. But I just don't know exactly what I will do although I might try to talk to that person who cheated and try to sort things out before I finally dismiss her. That's how grave this thing is.It'll probably be best to avoid these things by having a deep spiritual life. Communicating often and having pleasant times will definitely help too.

Henrywrites

Reaction score
I don't want to even think about it because that is serious stuff, especially among married couples. It's even considered to be a mortal sin. But I just don't know exactly what I will do although I might try to talk to that person who cheated and try to sort things out before I finally dismiss her. That's how grave this thing is.It'll probably be best to avoid these things by having a deep spiritual life. Communicating often and having pleasant times will definitely help too.

These are nice steps to take, in my opinion, when you are talking of a partner that is cheating. One thing that I always think about is for us to look forward to them changing especially when we love them which is good as well.

pamz

Reaction score
how do I handle a cheating partner? hmm.. for me if I learned that he/she cheated, I asked them what he/she want to do, if he/she decides that it's over i let him be but if he/she says that he/she admits that he/she was wrong I say to him that if that ever happens again, I will leave him, no ifs no buts, and accepts his/her apology. it's hard to accept but being able to forgive is also a partner's liability. if he/she decides to leave, it is also hard but to accept the truth that he/she just don't like you anymore.

Annejk18

Reaction score
I have experienced with this situation already. What I did is I talked to him in a nice way eventhough I caught them personally. And I asked him what are going to do now. He said he wants a break up. And i sent him free. It's hard. Sometimes it's easy to say, I can forgive you because I love you but the reality it's not. You can't forget what he did and every time you see him you will remember all of his cheating. I knew it will be like that in my part. I don't want to stick with him or fight for him and after that I still not forget what he did. Let time heals all the wounds. Sometimes this happens for a Reason. Sometimes those people coming in our lives are not really the one for us. Let them come and go. Someday, there will be one that will stay.

myra21

Reaction score
This is the hardest and hurtful situations in a relationship.My sister have been in relationship 5years ago.It was her first bf but he cheated her.He never tell to my sis that he is already married with kid.So after knowing it, my sister broke up him suddenly and until now she never gets any boyfriend.

bienn05

Reaction score
If you are not sure if your partner is cheating or not, just stay positive and relax. Don't try to harass your partner to admit if he/she is cheating. Just try to catch him/her if your instinct is true. If it is true then just leave your partner and don't ever talk to him/her again.

RoseKaizer

Reaction score
If you really love your partner, give him/her a second chance..that's is what I give to ky boyfriend before..second chance and its worth it..
He cheat on me when we are 2 years in our relationship, I don't have proof that he cheat but some persons that he know said that he has a new girlfriend, so in confront him, he said its not true. But when I found out it was true, I got angry with him because he broke my trust, i broke up with him even I love him. After that broke up, months pass, he came to me and he said sorry, he explain everything to me, and I listen because I want to hear his side. When I hear his explaination at first I dont know what to say, I don't know what I will do, I still love him so much.
I decide to give him a second chance, and were okay. Till now we are already 8 years hapoy and counting..

pamz

Reaction score
If you really love your partner, give him/her a second chance..that's is what I give to ky boyfriend before..second chance and its worth it..
He cheat on me when we are 2 years in our relationship, I don't have proof that he cheat but some persons that he know said that he has a new girlfriend, so in confront him, he said its not true. But when I found out it was true, I got angry with him because he broke my trust, i broke up with him even I love him. After that broke up, months pass, he came to me and he said sorry, he explain everything to me, and I listen because I want to hear his side. When I hear his explaination at first I dont know what to say, I don't know what I will do, I still love him so much.
I decide to give him a second chance, and were okay. Till now we are already 8 years hapoy and counting..

nice story, and it is also true, giving second chances is a part of being in a relationship. I guess if you can still remember how much you fall in love with him or her it means that you really still loves him/ her. but if you don't anymore I guess that is the time you need to arrange you life and do what is the best for both of you.

jeniffer26

Reaction score
Cheating is a choice. I don't tolerate that kind of attitude. If we are still just girlfriend and boyfriend I will leave him but we are now marriage. It will be hard but I think forgiveness will be the solution. It will not be the same but I hope that time will heal it.

Top Bottom