Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Does no stamp actually mean fake?

Marvin230915

Reaction score
I recently bought this Mechagodzilla (glow in the dark) from a seller who bought it from Popcultcha. He has shown me the invoices and they are all legit and the box is as far as I can tell legit.. It scans and looks top quality and I know everyone says “if it’s Popcultcha, it’s not fake” etc.
However mine does not have a stamp on the underside of the jaw or anywhere else. I have spoken to other sellers who have bought these from Popcultcha and none of theirs had any stamps on either. I have also been sent a picture from someone who bought theirs directly from Funko and theirs DOES show a stamp on the jaw. I have tried to contact Popcultcha direct but they have not yet responded.

Does this mean that the one I have and all the others from Popcultcha with no stamp are fake or is it just a Popcultcha thing?? I only ask as everywhere I read “If it hasn’t got a stamp it’s a fake” and as I said before “ if it’s from Popcultcha it’s legit” but these now appear to be conflicting statement so I’m now confused. I have over 100 pops including heat ray Godzilla and a flocked kong from the same collection and they are all stamped.

Attachments​

• my mecha.jpg
    my mecha.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 4
  • funko mech.jpg
    funko mech.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 4

Last edited:

Heatman

Reaction score
A friend of mine actually got one with no stamp as well. It's not a fake from the way that I see it. It's as good as the one's with stamp that I have seen in the past. So, don't worry about it.

Frost

Reaction score
To me it really matters very well. Yes, I understand that it doesn't mean the toy is fake but it's how I want my toys to come. There's a reasons for the stamp, so I want it on my toys.

Igba

Reaction score
I don't see it as a fake. Although, there is a possibility that some fakes would come without a label. Also, they can print labels and stick it on fake one's too.

Phabbyfundz

Reaction score
It does mean fake to me though, I believe an authentic Funko Pop should come with those stamps usually placed under it's foot.

Shortie

Reaction score
I myself don't see them as fake if they do not have the stamp but that is just me to be honest. I know people who do collect them and will not accept them as being official so to speak without the stamp on them. It really depends on the person who is collecting them and if they are happy to have them with or without the stamp.

Top Bottom