Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do you like buying imitation toys?

aecel

Reaction score
We all know that some of the original toys are really expensive especially if it's limited collections only. Some would buy expensive toys because they can afford to buy it or they would even save money just to have it. Imitation toys are can be seen everywhere, here in the Philippines you can see some stores selling imitation toys but there are a lot of people supporting them so even if it's illegal they do exits. There are some people who would rather buy imitation toys because it's either they can't afford to buy the original one or they don't want to get disappointed buying expensive toys so imitation will do for them.

Do you like buying imitation toys? or would you rather buy the original one?

jusumortal

Reaction score
NO! Absolutely not. They are like you said, imitations. It's not their original art. I find imitation artists very disrespectful. And I don't want to disrespect the original artist by buying any of them.

Vinsanity

Reaction score
If I were really into collectible toys and they are limited edition, I would rather buy the original toy than the imitated one. Why? Come to think of it, do you think it will satisfy you knowing that the toy is imitated and not the original one? And if I were a die hard fan of a certain toy with a limited edition on sale, what is the sense of "collecting" these items?

fishbate

Reaction score
Imitations may be dangerous to kids. Original toys are tested and have safety certificates that comply to standards in toy making. Buying original toys will actually guarantee you a more safe unit. So i am not really in to buying toy imitations.

AmieBotella

Reaction score
Toys are expensive. And there are tons of imitations from China. Where these original toys are manufactured also. But original toys are way better than the imitations. I, for one, do not like to buy imitations for so many reasons. But the main reason why I don't is because they break easily, and they look funny. I don't know if toy imitations have classes as well, like the designer bag imitations. They have Class A, those who are half the price of the original and nicely made. Up to Class C, I think. I don't know if there's such classes for toys too. But the ones that are sold here in my place are really ridiculous and waste of money in my opinion. So no, thanks. If I can't but the original toy, I'd just stick to just admiring them in stores.

Reaction score
We all know that some of the original toys are really expensive especially if it's limited collections only. Some would buy expensive toys because they can afford to buy it or they would even save money just to have it. Imitation toys are can be seen everywhere, here in the Philippines you can see some stores selling imitation toys but there are a lot of people supporting them so even if it's illegal they do exits. There are some people who would rather buy imitation toys because it's either they can't afford to buy the original one or they don't want to get disappointed buying expensive toys so imitation will do for them.

I think if I will the one who will buy imit toys, I will do it because I can enjoy same toys but not completely the same but in cheaper price. But when it cones that my brothers buys an imit toys, I will not permit them to buy because I don't know where it comes from or what components it made of. Some of imit toys have LED wich can cause damage to any child who plays or touch with it. Here in the Philippines, we have so many imit toys hanging the side markets or street markets. Sometimes my parents bought toys for my brothers but I warned them that it contains LED so they didn't buy any of them.

Kammy143

Reaction score
I'd rather buy a preloved toy rather than buying imitation. I do believe that original toys are with better quality compared to imitations. I think some substandard toys are posing somewhat of a threat to kids. Some of them are made of substandard materials and sometimes contains harmful chemicals. I choose the toys carefully before buying them. With preloved ones, I tend to restore it.

Ash

Reaction score
I would never ever bother to buy a product that is an imitation or a fake, and that is for everything and not just toys. I don't see the point of buying fakes, especially of expensive items. If you can't afford that item that is too expensive, then do you really need to be seen with it? I think the problem with a lot of people is that they want to pretend to be rich which is not a great mindset to have really. If you can't afford it, maybe buy something that you can afford.

treecko142

Reaction score
No, I prefer buying original ones as I collect these in support of the creator and the artists/directors/producers behind the characters. If I can't afford something, I either save or just don't buy the item at all rather than look for an imitation.

MomoStarr16

Reaction score
In my case I always try to buy the original one, especially if it is one of my favorite thing like a song artist CD. That way you are helping them out to sell their product. In that process they have the capability to continue on what they are doing because they are getting a profit. If you buy an imitation there is no benefits to be gain the artist and it shows that you did not support them.

MomoStarr16

Reaction score
I'd rather buy a preloved toy rather than buying imitation. I do believe that original toys are with better quality compared to imitations. I think some substandard toys are posing somewhat of a threat to kids. Some of them are made of substandard materials and sometimes contains harmful chemicals. I choose the toys carefully before buying them. With preloved ones, I tend to restore it.

You are right. Much better to buy preloved things rather that an imitation. It will only destroy the market of a certain thing if we support that by buying an imitation. And most of them are made with harmful chemicals. Dangerous for kids.

walet

Reaction score
I cannot say that I like to buy the imitation toys but sometimes I am forced to do so because the imitation toys are cheaper and I cannot afford to pay an original model.

ion

Reaction score
Always buy the original one. It's gonna be a good investment someday. There're a lot of toys collector who willing to buy old toys in higher price, but no time for the fake one. just buy imitation toys for gift.

Heatman

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, it's better to have one good original toy than having so many fake toys. There's a good possibility that these fake toys will be harmful because of the materials used to make it.

Bumble

Reaction score
The problem for me is that I don't even know how to differentiate a fake toy from the original one's. I have purchased a few toys from ebay thinking they are original one's but they ended up being fake. I used them anyways.

Igba

Reaction score

I try as much as possible to buy original toys because they are more durable and have more value whenever you want to have them resold to another person. I don't understand reason why some people would be interested in buying imitation toys.

Jon

Reaction score
Personally for me, it doesn't matter if the toy is an imitation of the original one. The most important thing is for the toy to be good and durable. It's what I look out for when buying any kind of toy.

Shiek

Reaction score
It's not like I'm going to start a toy reselling business and it's why I don't bother about my toys being fake or real one's. In fact, real original toys are too expensive. It's why I go for the fake toys always.

tokiyeo

Reaction score

Personally No. Even if I really want something, for example the original 1977 Boba Fett figure, I would never buy a fake or “imitation”. I would just have to live without it.

Frost

Reaction score
Always buy the original one. It's gonna be a good investment someday. There're a lot of toys collector who willing to buy old toys in higher price, but no time for the fake one. just buy imitation toys for gift.
This is exactly what I make sure of doing whenever I'm buying any kind of toy. It doesn't make any sense why I should buy fake or imitation toys when I know that I can sell them for better gain in the future.

Top Bottom