Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

An accident

walet

Reaction score
I heard on the news on a local post that yesterday a small child at 3 years old died because he choked with a small piece of a Lego toy, mother was in the kitchen cooking and the child was in its room playing and watching TV, the mother was checking the child at every 10 minutes but when she went the last time she found the little boy lied down the floor, dead.
This is a tragedy because it was the only child they had after more than 7 years of trying.

Henrywrites

Reaction score
It is a various serious issue that parents should try as much as they can to ensure that they are with their kids when they are playing with toys. I was thinking that the mom should have brought the child to the kitchen when she was cooking to avoid this kind of story.

pamz

Reaction score
If I remember it correctly there a sign like this toy is for 3+ kids, I think lego specially the small ones are for 6+ kids, this really is an unfortunate accident, well if you think really clearly, why give a child who likes to eat everything and anything he sees something that he/she will be able to eat. it's not about the lack of guidance of the parent but the lack of common way of thinking that those kinds of item might be put in the mouth and swallow. well we cannot undo what happen, and just learn from their mistakes.

treecko142

Reaction score
This is really unfortunate, although legos really have warnings and even if they don't, they are clearly choking hazards and it's the responsibility of the parents to constantly monitor play time.

pamz

Reaction score
This is really unfortunate, although legos really have warnings and even if they don't, they are clearly choking hazards and it's the responsibility of the parents to constantly monitor play time.
so true, being busy with house work still doesn't mean that you can't constantly monitor your children, if there is a will there is a way. I still think it is the negligence of the parent to watch over their kid.

bienn05

Reaction score
This is a lesson for all of us. Always have a sight on your kids when playing. They don't know what they are doing. Always make sure that there is someone looking after your kid. A second will be a great difference.

treecko142

Reaction score
so true, being busy with house work still doesn't mean that you can't constantly monitor your children, if there is a will there is a way. I still think it is the negligence of the parent to watch over their kid.
Definitely, this is still negligence and you just can't leave a 3-year old unsupervised with his small toys.

fishbate

Reaction score
That's really sad, accidents really happen everywhere. It's just unfortunate that people have to die just because of little things that was not considered as potential hazard. The best way to avoid accidents is really just to be aware of everything that is around you.

Top Bottom