Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is the Batman vs Superman wobblers series a little disturbingly realistic?

Merida

Reaction score
I get that they try to stick to the essence of the movie and its unicity among other Batman or Superman movies, but as I look at these wobblers I feel they are a little too realistic. I liked how they made Batman and Aquaman, but Wonder woman and Superman are a little weird, especially Superman, he looks tired and dissapointed... It's a little spooky:

7278_4pack_WW_BMvSM_hires_1024x1024.jpg

acheno84

Reaction score
So, I haven't seen these characters in person yet, but I did an internet search to see what you were talking about when you said that he looks "tired and disappointed" and you nailed that on the head. It is a little weird how realistic they look. I'm not sure how I feel about them just yet. Kudos for the designer for getting such great characteristics in their faces, but is it really necessary to be THAT life like?

jahroberts

Reaction score
Yeah I think the same as you.

I think they're just trying to be a bit modern and a bit edgy, like upgrading their standards.

But obviously it's a doll, it doesn't have to be realistic, they already have their working formula, why change it?

Blaze

Reaction score
Lol, I think that is Batman's trademark look. And I've even read from one article that Batman is supposed to be "tired, weary and seasoned." It all adds up to the grimness and darkness of the character. Maybe the creators of these wobblers just wanted to incorporate that character into the wobbler as well. I actually think it looks adorable, it's Batman as he's supposed to be, at least for me.

I think the other wobblers are great as well. Superman is the handsome superhero, as always, lol. I love the Wonderwoman wobbler too, although I have this image of Gal Gadot in my mind so it's a bit different for me. Aquaman, very appropriate as well... I just wish that Momoa gives justice to this character and wobbler.

On the other hand, here's a version with happy wobblers:

funko-dorbz-batman-vs-superman-dawn-of-justice.jpg

lisasian86

Reaction score
Hahaha, they are actually a bit frightening. I much prefer the cutsie style dolls, they are like little bundles of happiness rather than the realistic, slightly unnerving, tiny sad people.

rz3300

Reaction score
You know usually I am all for the more realistic things and assume that those are better, but that does not seem to be the case here, and I agree with @lisasian86 - the happy ones are much less disturbing. I think that when you consider the genre overall those one also just fit better, but I am sure that there are those people who will prefer the realistic ones. Maybe I will just get both.

lexinonomous

Reaction score
I tend to go for the more unrealistic figurines. You are not alone finding these realistic figurines disturbing. They look creepy. When I buy a figurine, I expect them to be a different version of the realistic character. I usually go for a more "cute" version of the characters- that or I will look for something unique. The realistic figures give me the creeps.

mechaman

Reaction score
Interesting thought, at first I agreed that they were too life like. But then I realized, that by too life-like I was thinking they were disappointed looking. So the problem to me is, that they failed to really capture the characters. Batman is good, as Blaze said that's his trademark look. Superman usually looks up at you under his brow, but here he is very neutral, Wonder Woman needs more oomph. She looks like she just finished the washing and ironing and is ready for a cup of tea in a woolly sweater at the dining room table, Aquaman gets away because of the facial hair, but still pretty neutral looking.

GrecianShamrock

Reaction score
I agree with all of you the 'happy' wobblers isn't as creepy looking as the batmen vs superman wobblers. They did look like they were trying to be too life like.

Becca

Reaction score
Oh, those are a little creepy. I put all my figures up on my shelf in my office, and I'm not sure I would want to put those up there, I would feel like they were staring down at me, judging me or something. I like the cutesy version of the characters, and the happy wobblers are adorable!

Joel7050

Reaction score
I feel they are a little too detailed to the point of being.. eerie. They create a little creepy atmosphere and the longer I stare, the longer this feeling intensifies... ugh. I love the cute rounded and smiling versions of them though!

Steamroll

Reaction score
Heh, those wobblers really give me uncanny valley vibes. That's the personal issue I have with action figures which attempt to look as realistic as possible, are a bit awkward to look at. Maybe because a real human facial expression can't remain as the same for much, since they are a direct reflection of our emotions. An emotionless realistic face staring always at you is kinda disturbing.

Martinsx

Reaction score
I get that they try to stick to the essence of the movie and its unicity among other Batman or Superman movies, but as I look at these wobblers I feel they are a little too realistic. I liked how they made Batman and Aquaman, but Wonder woman and Superman are a little weird, especially Superman, he looks tired and dissapointed... It's a little spooky:

7278_4pack_WW_BMvSM_hires_1024x1024.jpg

From my observations, the batman and wonder woman looks pretty good and I love both wobblers very well. The superman looks gloomy like the fate of the world is on his shoulders and he is not sure of countering all his adversities. The guy just looks down, some kids wouldn't fancy having that superman with the view that he looks sad. Kids can be very funny at times with how they think.

treecko142

Reaction score
I prefer the cute versions for figurines tbh. I only want the realistic toys when they are proportional in size (like regular toy size). The toys in the first picture of this thread have sizes too big for my liking.

walet

Reaction score
I had the chance to see these toys on the Internet but not in person. I like all of them, are realistic as you say, it gives the impression that you can talk to any of them. I wish I could have these toys when I was a small boy!

divche26

Reaction score
Oh my! They look so old... especially Superman. Aquaman is so realistic, I wish they made it more fun. They look all so sad and serious. These should not only for adults but for kids as well. But with these looks, kids will be bored with the characters. The color is good but need more life to the character. But I love Aquaman!

timothypangilinan

Reaction score
These toys are pretty close to life-like. Looking at its realistic appearance can be a bit creepy. Batman and Aquaman were nicely crafted except for Superman and Wonderwoman. They are both a bit disgusting. Flaws are extremely visible in noticeable details.

Heatman

Reaction score
Seriously, if I'm being very honest, I haven't seen any that's more realistic as the Batman wobbler. The Superman's own looks great too.

Frost

Reaction score
I love both the Batman wobbler and Superman wobbler too. They are very reputable and very real exactly the way they are in real life. I purchased both of them last month.

Igba

Reaction score
Personally, I feel that the Batman and Superman wobblers looks very great. How else would who have any problems with how they looked wanted them to look like? Some people just complain too much unnecessarily.

Top Bottom