Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to maintain your toys?

fishbate

Reaction score
I'm into to collection, i started collecting toys when i was 14 . Now i'm in my 30's, i still have several items on hand. Maintaining my collection is enjoyable and at the same time frustrating. Basically i just wipe them with clean clothes and then arrange them again on my storage. Lately i'm having trouble maintaining them due to my busy schedule. Can you share how you maintain your collection? i just want to know some alternatives so that i can still maintain them even in my busy schedule. Your comments and suggestions is greatly appreciated.:)

jusumortal

Reaction score
I just keep them inside a transparent storage or cabinet. That transparent storage that people usually use in offices. I clean the storage and the toys weekly. And I don't let anyone but me, touch my collection.

theartisttt

Reaction score
Maintaining the physical appearances of my toys/collectibles is just easy since I don't allow just anyone to touch it. I store it in a cabinet with a transparent glass that has a padlock on it. The hard part is keeping those collectibles dust free. So what I do is to clean them up, once or thrice a week. I use a photo camera lens brush cleaner to brush off the dust. I also use wet wipes and then wipe it off again with a clean dry cloth. I suggest that you get some time off from your busy week. Even just for 10 minutes or 30 minutes. If you have a hundred of collectibles or toys, it will really be hard to maintain them since it will take all your time brushing and cleaning them. In this case, you should break down the enormous task to small chores. Take at least 30 minutes a day to dust off a certain area from your cabinet of collectibles/toys.

ramo06

Reaction score
To be honest I do love toys until right now. But when I was a child I didn't took care about all of my toys. Of course we knew that if we are a child we have no any concern about what will happen in our toys whether it will broke or not as long as we have fun and yes it's satisfy us. My only suggestion about prevent toys is just keep them after using or playing that certain toys.

lisadolor

Reaction score
I also have a toy collection and I store in in glass cabinets where my visitors can see it. I clean in once a week for it to be clean and presentable. I dust it out everyday so cleaning it will be easier.

MomoStarr16

Reaction score
Keep it from moist. Do not open it if it is for collection. Buy an appropriate collection table for your toys. Place it where there is no kids that will ruin it.

Kammy143

Reaction score
If you are a collector and want to maintain or increase the market value of your toys as it ages, it is best that you also maintain the packaging. Boxed collectible toys in my experience come in a much higher price compared to used ones. Also, maintaining the quality of the toy is very important. Here are some tips to maintain toys.
1. Keep it away from damp places. Moisture damages almost anything.
2. Keep the packaging intact if possible.
3. Place silica gels which helps to lessen moisture and keep toys safe and dry
4. Place the toys in safe storage spaces such as cabinets or shelves.
Hope these information helps in maintaining your collection. Happy collecting.

Top Bottom