Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Making Your Own Toys

jyy

Reaction score
When I think of this, it reminds me of Santa's elves. :oops: , but anyway, I'm sure it's something a lot of people are into. Has anyone tried it? Myself, I simply don't have the talent or interest. However, as I mentioned in other threads, I do enjoy creating 3D computer art - which is sort of similar.

fishbate

Reaction score
Toys comes in different sizes and forms, so are we:p ...we come in different ages and different interests. I'm a diy guy... i appreciate it more when i have my personal touch in it. A toy should give one happiness no matter what it is. Creating one of your own will not just give you happiness also a sense of fulfillment:).

Zeke

Reaction score
I love making my own slingshot when I was a kid. It was very easy and the materials used are easy to find. You do not have to be that talented or artistic to make one. It really fun though!

jusumortal

Reaction score
Well, I don't have a creative mind to make my own toys. Like really make it by myself originally. But I can build! Just provide me with materials and give me an idea about what to build.

theartisttt

Reaction score
I can make my own toys based on a character but I never tried making my own toy based on my imagination. Some of the toys I've made by myself as a kid was a slingshot, a teddy bear made from memory foams and clothes, a spinning top and many more. I also sew the clothes of my barbie dolls. One of these days, I am thinking of building my own toy and character and if I do so, I might share it in here.

MomoStarr16

Reaction score
I remember my childhood because of this post. When i was a child I used to play with small toys with different jobs. Like the one you'll see in a television. I have martial artists, ninjas, soldier, and more. The setting was like a stage play. I make the story the voices of every character. That is how I make my own toys through my own story line.

kaisantos2229

Reaction score
When I think of this, it reminds me of Santa's elves. :oops: , but anyway, I'm sure it's something a lot of people are into. Has anyone tried it? Myself, I simply don't have the talent or interest. However, as I mentioned in other threads, I do enjoy creating 3D computer art - which is sort of similar.

Well, I don't really make my own toys but I do love building Gundams and RC toys. I've been a fan of Gundam since the day Yoshiyuki Tomino released it's first ever Gundam animated series. I started building my first Gundam model when I was still in college I think that was 2002 and the model I first bought was from Gundam Wings, I think the model was Gundam Epyon. I really had fun of building my Gundams until now.

Martinsx

Reaction score
When we were small, there are some certain playing toys we made for ourselves and they ranges from carton toy cars designed with bottle cock covers as it's tyres. Also there is this one we construct with cassava stem and cut out Dunlop slippers as it's tyres. My childhood days was a very pleasant experience that sometimes I wish I could go back to it for a brief moment to have those kind of fun again and get back to the present time but it's not something possible again. images (23).jpeg

ion

Reaction score
I used to do that when I was in grade school, making my own toys, like toy car made of shoe box, sword and arrow made of bamboo trees, and boat using the Styrofoam. We used to play also in a big box like our own house. It's fun to remember that things and I really miss that old days.

walet

Reaction score
Actually, I did make a train, a car and a plane from wood for my oldest son. Now I am planning to create some more for my second son, he has now three months but he will grow and I love to see him playing with the toys I make.

argel241

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I used to make my own toys like paper dolls, kites, boats, making dresses for my barbie, anything that I enjoyed doing.I also make for my friends and playmates and in return, they will give me chocolate or candy in exchange.LOL :D
I am a creative person but I just don't give so much attention on that.And now, I prefer to buy stuff than to create by myself.

Ash

Reaction score
I have never even thought about it really, but I doubt I would ever even bother to make my own toys. It just doesn't interest me at all really and I don't think I would even have the time to make something great. I just think that most people would much rather just find the toy in a shop and buy it. It may be a bit more expensive but I think it's just the better option especially if you are giving someone else the toy since the quality is much better and the kid/person is much more likely to be happy with it as well.

Kakashi2020

Reaction score
As kids I and my friends used to make robot and ranger costumes from cardboard boxes and buisquit cans. We also punch holes to make masks out of it. Then we go to battle with plastic swords. Those where good fun days.

Heatman

Reaction score
I'm not skilled at making my own toys. I have always resorted to buying my toys. It's very much better for me that way. I'm not complaining anyways.

Dori

Reaction score
Actually, I did make a train, a car and a plane from wood for my oldest son. Now I am planning to create some more for my second son, he has now three months but he will grow and I love to see him playing with the toys I make.
I have tried making a toy car once. I didn't do that bad but I'm sure there's still good room for an improvement on my part.

Although, I don't have much time trying to make my own toys now because it's easier to buy them.

Asaba

Reaction score
If you consider making kites as making one's own toys, then it's something that I have done so well. I made all the kites I used to fly when I was still a kid. My uncle taught me how to make them.

Bawon

Reaction score
3D printing is very popular today and it's something that I'm looking at making use of to make my own toys in any way and grade that I want them. I'm learning now how to use 3D printers and soon, I will start printing my own toys.

Tony

Reaction score
In as much as I know that it's going to be fun making my own Funko toys, I still don't wanna do it. In fact, I will never try doing it because it's more satisfying buying them than making them. I will lose the joy on them when I can easily make whatever I desire.

Mimi

Reaction score
I can't sit out all the fun which comes from making your own toys. For the record, it's not something easy to do. You would have to be very committed to getting it done and be ready to fail so many times. I really enjoyed making some of my toys.

Igba

Reaction score
If it wasn't too expensive and stressful to make my own toys, that's what I would have been doing. It's very cheap for you to buy any toy and it's going to be delivered at your house. This is why I don't build my toys.

Top Bottom