Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How Long Until These Are Very Valuable?

rz3300

Reaction score
Well I was just thinking about a discussion that I had the other day with a good friend about how some of our childhood toys are worth a lot these days, and how we wished that we would have saved them. It just made me wonder how fast do you think these figures can become valuable.

I know that it depends on a lot of different factors, but it is a trend that for some reason has all the indications of having value in the later years. I could be wrong, and I am willing to bet that I am not here, and I might get some and hold on to them.

What do you think? Can we count on them being valuable within our lifetime?

Steamroll

Reaction score
Many aspects should be considered to assess the real value of a figurine. It is pretty old? From the vintage era? Made with some material that is not used anymore like lead ? Made of gold or silver? It is a rare special edition? The models depicts a character from a videogame franchise, a T.V serie or a cartoon that is not around anymore?. Generally speaking, the scarcer is the figurine the more valuable, regardless of the franchise. Nutty collections would gladly pay a heck of money for a pretty rare action figure.

yulicame

Reaction score
From my point of view, Funko collections begin making valuable to increase its value as soon as the collection stops producing when the weather becomes clear is their price increases.

Russ

Reaction score
Yeah, well. That's what they said about beanie babies and My Little Ponies and you can get ten for a dollar at Goodwill. I tend to assume that Pops will not have any long term value. In the short term new releases are hyped and often no easy to get like Con exclusives or random-boxed rarities. But in a few years people might no longer find them appealing and lord knows they are produced in very high volumes.

My advice would be to rip your Pop's out of their boxes and enjoy them. If you end up with one that happens to get valuable, that's a nice surprise rather than an expectation

Vetteguy904

Reaction score
Collecting things like Funkos s never smart as an investment. lets face it, the stuff from the 50s and 60s are rare because kids PLAYED with them. for example, say they made 1000 Major Matt Masons. after 50 years, you MIGHT see 30 mint in box. now say they make 1000 MMM funko, in 50 years you will see 6-800 mint in box because the mind set is Don't play with it leave it in the box it will be worth a fortune. I use to collect Harbor Lights lighthouses. for a while they were valuable. now you can get them for pennies. you have to follow the trends and strike while it's hot.

the things that really hurt the collect-ability of funkos are incomplete collections (from Funko) and there is no one stop resource. If you want to make a pile of cash off Funkos, do the work and write a definitive collectors guide and pricebook.

Top Bottom