Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do you have difficulty sleeping at night?

Henrywrites

Reaction score
Life has given us new dimensions to how we react in different situations and even how we relate with those close to us. The thing with sleeping is that it is like a pattern, but I've come to see that there are people that have difficulty sleeping at night.

Some of those ones that I have seen even go as far as taking some sleeping pills in order to have sound sleep at night and in as much as that is not good, I feel they have no option again. Do you find it difficult to sleep at night?

ion

Reaction score
Yes, just because of over thinking. There's a lot of thoughts running inside my mind every time I lay to my bed. All of my plans, goal in life. the people around me. even my dog. It's hard to stop that, and sometimes I need beer or any liquor just to get some sleep. if I don't have a work during that day or if it's my rest days, i can stay awake for 36 hours.

kaisantos2229

Reaction score
In some difficult occasions I must say, specially when I am facing difficult problems in my life, that put me on a state were most of the time, I stay awake all night until morning just to think for a solution to address a particular problem. But in my normal days sleeping peacefully is not a problem.

Zeke

Reaction score
I do sometimes. I used drink tea that helps me sleep easier. I also sometimes drink a glass of warm milk or eat plenty of cheese as it would also help they say based on scientific studies. Another thing I consider is the temperature of my room. It should not be that cold nor too hot.

jusumortal

Reaction score
Yes! I very much do! Sleeping pills might help. But I have so much homework to do that I might just end up sleeping off those works. To let my eyelids fall at night, I circle around the neighborhood either by riding a bike or walking. It helps me most of the time. Sometimes, listening to educational audiobooks or podcasts also helps me in sleeping.

c00kies

Reaction score
I only have difficulty sleeping when i happen to drink energy drink or too much caffeine. Don't take too much sleeping pills though you'll end up sleeping forever. Try drinking milk before going to bed and avoid taking naps during the day.

ramo06

Reaction score
Sometimes yes, sometimes not because there are instances that I cannot sleep at night I don't know why. The reason I cannot sleep is there just are involuntary things that comes up in mind when I lay in may bed. But the time I am pretty tired I can sleep directly. :D

junrose123

Reaction score
Yes sometimes especially if I am stress or if I have a lot of things in my mind. Another thing that also triggers me to have a difficulty in sleeping is when I drink some coffee in the afternoon because I am honestly a fan of coffee and. I really love them to have everyday. Maybe I should limit them so that I can really sleep well during night time.

anahbello1206

Reaction score
Yes, there are nightss that I spend hours flipping in bed trying to fall asleep. Sometimes, it would take me 5--7 hours trying to sleep. That experience is very frustrating especially when I need to sleep early to be able to wake up early. There are time that I take antihistamine medicine to help me fall asleep.

treecko142

Reaction score
I don't know why but I never experienced any difficulty sleeping. However, my problem is waking up early in the morning. I tried everything, sleeping early, with 5 alarms and it still won't do the trick! lol.

pandapanda14

Reaction score
Sometimes I do, at times when i can't stop thinking of a certain thing or a situation or something is bothering me, my mind just can't help but think about it. It makes my mind active.

argel241

Reaction score
Yes, just because of over thinking. There's a lot of thoughts running inside my mind every time I lay to my bed. All of my plans, goal in life. the people around me. even my dog. It's hard to stop that, and sometimes I need beer or any liquor just to get some sleep. if I don't have a work during that day or if it's my rest days, i can stay awake for 36 hours.

I can relate with you.Every time I lay on my bed, there are a lot of thoughts running in mind, I tried not to think of it but it keeps coming to my head.I don't drink beer/liquor so I just browse interesting topic from the internet until I become drowsy.

Henrywrites

Reaction score

I totally understand that we have lots to think about especially the reason life has chosen to treat us the way it has treated us. One thing that I have come to notice is that no problem can be solved by over thinking and that's the reason I wish you can learn to reduce the way you think to avoid having some health issues in the future.

argel241

Reaction score
I sleep too much that is why I found it hard to sleep at night.One more thing is that my mind is super active every time I lay in my bed.I am thinking too much.I can sleep when my mind is tired and I'm already drowsy.

Henrywrites

Reaction score
In some difficult occasions I must say, specially when I am facing difficult problems in my life, that put me on a state were most of the time, I stay awake all night until morning just to think for a solution to address a particular problem. But in my normal days sleeping peacefully is not a problem.

This is okay to see that you only have difficulty sleeping when you have a tough challenge to overcome. That is to show that you really care about how life treats you. However, always know that not sleeping well can affect the way you handle tasks that comes the next day in your life.

Henrywrites

Reaction score
I don't know why but I never experienced any difficulty sleeping. However, my problem is waking up early in the morning. I tried everything, sleeping early, with 5 alarms and it still won't do the trick! lol.

Hahaha! I would have to say that you have a good problem in the sense that those that enjoy their sleep are bound to have super best next days. On the issue of not waking up early, I would have to suggest you mind the type of food that you take on a daily basis for it can be a factor to that as well. Taking heavy food at night can make one very weak the next morning.

lisadolor

Reaction score
Yes especially when I overthink of my problems. I just can't help but cry which makes me even more awake. I can't help but stay awake at night thinking of what should I do or what can I do to solve or overcome my problems.

MomoStarr16

Reaction score
I never think it as a hard time to sleep but instead I have a different a body clock. For me it is normal If I sleep at around 3am onwards because alot of my works are on that time. So my body adjusted the way I needed. It just a matter of practice and discipline if you are planning to sleep like me. And healthier thing is to sleep in the right time.

walet

Reaction score
I had to work some extra hours in the last few weeks and now sleeping became a problem to me because I am too tired. I haven't taken any sleeping pills until now but I have drunk some calming tea that proved to be really good in my problem.

ion

Reaction score
I totally understand that we have lots to think about especially the reason life has chosen to treat us the way it has treated us. One thing that I have come to notice is that no problem can be solved by over thinking and that's the reason I wish you can learn to reduce the way you think to avoid having some health issues in the future.
You're right, and somehow I overcome that over thinking by meditation. Some of my thoughts or not really necessary to think, or possible problems inside my mind which is not really exist. I overcome that, by watching some documentaries or videos online, and the meditation helps a lot.

Top Bottom