Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Are you not ashamed playing toys even if you're already grown-up now?

aecel

Reaction score
Some people think that big boys and girls shouldn't play toys anymore because they would think that it's an immature thing to do. But for me, it doesn't matter if grown-up people are still playing toys. As long as they know what they're doing and they know it's for fun only and not being childish and so whatever. Having toys are not only for kids but also for adults it can bring happiness to a person and it's also a stress reliever just to lighten up the mood. So, I'm not ashamed of playing toys even if I'm an old lady now, in fact, I'm proud of it.

jyy

Reaction score
As I was saying, a lot of hobbies have taken the place of toys and there is no shame in them. However, though, actually playing with toy houses, action figures etc. is normally unappealing to an adult and I think it's natural. Why do you think that's so? Does anyone think it's the conditioning of society?

fishbate

Reaction score
Some people think that big boys and girls shouldn't play toys anymore because they would think that it's an immature thing to do. But for me, it doesn't matter if grown-up people are still playing toys. As long as they know what they're doing and they know it's for fun only and not being childish and so whatever. Having toys are not only for kids but also for adults it can bring happiness to a person and it's also a stress reliever just to lighten up the mood. So, I'm not ashamed of playing toys even if I'm an old lady now, in fact, I'm proud of it.

Same here... playing is engaging in activity for enjoyment and recreation and a toy for me is a matter of object of interest and happiness.
Age never defines a line for anyone to be child. What matters is everyone deserves to be happy in any way or form. Because no matter how old we are, there's always a child within us.

Reactions: jyy

Vinsanity

Reaction score
Age is just an illusion made by mankind, I think. There is no such thing as age. It is only made to put standards, identify people. We can all play even if we are grown ups. It does not matter. We are all child at heart. Moreover, we were not born to please everyone, so why be bothered by what other people's going to think about you?
As long as we are happy with what we are doing, then go for it. We only live once so enjoy everything to the fullest. I am in my 20's and I still play toys, not in a way of course the kids play where you spend most of the time playing with other kids but I play as a part of my hobby.
Car models collecting and letting them run makes my heart at ease because I feel like a child who has no worries. It is a great stress reliever. Everyone should try being a child even for a moment.

aecel

Reaction score
As I was saying, a lot of hobbies have taken the place of toys and there is no shame in them. However, though, actually playing with toy houses, action figures etc. is normally unappealing to an adult and I think it's natural. Why do you think that's so? Does anyone think it's the conditioning of society?
I think some people may find it weird when they see grown-up people still playing with toys. Because we all know that toys are usually play when we were kids. But not all people make a judgment on this it actually depends on kind of toys you're having, if it's a collection or for display, it's pretty normal to have seen it but if you're still playing with it like a child I think they're going think that you're an immature person because you still play toys that you used to play when you're a kid so not all could appreciate your behavior towards toys.

lisadolor

Reaction score
No. Not at all. I am not ashamed to play my toys even if I'm already old because I usually play with my kids and that seems to be a normal thing. Who cares, if we enjoy doing it and we are not causing them any harm then there is nothing wrong. Playing is just like any sort of releasing stress.

timothypangilinan

Reaction score
As for me, it's not really a shameful act to play with toys although you are old enough. Usually in the case of adults, they only do it for collections. Knowing the feeling of being able to collect those artistic figures can be extremely satisfying. I find it as an act of sweet appreciation of an art.

JB Fernandez

Reaction score
Well there's toys for the big boys. Hahaha. I consider my car as my toy and a good buddy, so I assume that I am playing whenever I'm riding and having a adventure with my car. We never gets old. We just see things differently as we grew up.

kaisantos2229

Reaction score
I have a lot of hobbies and some of those hobbies includes building and collecting toys. There is really nothing to be ashamed if you are a toy fanatic, if you you happy on what you are doing then don't let anyone to discourage you from doing what you love.

JB Fernandez

Reaction score
We never stop playing toys. We just see things in different perspective as we grow older.

And the toys we are playing has been upgraded as we grew older. From Nintendo to PS4. Toys can make us happy, and we all deserve to be happy. So there's nothing to be ashamed of.

argel241

Reaction score
There is nothing to be ashamed of playing toys.Matured people don't care at all because they know it is just for fun only immature people would think is shameful because they don't understand.

MomoStarr16

Reaction score
Of course not. It depends on how you play it. If you are going to baby talk or playing it like talking to yourselves maybe looks childish, weird, and shaming to see. But collecting or telling them how you love toys and collecting it never be a shameful things for me.

theartisttt

Reaction score
I am not ashamed of playing toys because I don't think that there is an age limit for playing with it. I believe that we all have the right to play toys regardless of our age and gender. Toys are made not just to entertain kids but to entertain whoever is attracted to it. For me, I play toys and collect them as well as toys remind me of my good and sweet childhood. It takes me to a place in the past where everything is peachy and dandy. It makes me realize how my childhood played a big part in who I am today. It keeps me grounded. What toys make me feel nowadays is beyond being just a form of entertainment. It can sometimes be an escape to the session we call "now" and the thing we call "reality". There's nothing to be ashamed of as long as you're not doing any bad to someone and as long as you are happy with it.

jusumortal

Reaction score
As a grown-up, I don't do stuff like playing with toys. I mostly do collecting, building and admiring them. but I do admit I have some old toys I got when I was a kid that I still play with. And no I am not ashamed of that. No one will think that what you are doing is very weird and should not be done so what is it to be ashamed of?

treecko142

Reaction score
I don't really play with these toys but I just collect them. I do play video games though, and I'm not ashamed of it one bit.

TheInsaneSakif

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't play with toys as much as I used to when I was a child. But I keep them because they remind me of my childhood days. I still have my old Hot Wheels car collection as I was a big fan of cars!

Miner88

Reaction score
If I have a chance to play with my toys right now that I'm already grown up. I would not be ashamed of it, because playing with toys makes you reminisce the past and makes you wonder how much you've grown. And for me that's okay.

Reaction score

Indeed it doesn't mean that were grown up we can't play toys that only kids meant to play. It doesn't matter how much is your age as long as you enjoy playing toys. People nowadays is so judgmental even a small thing that makes us happy. I played chinese garter (Although it's for girls but I play with my gf) , puzzle games and the barbie toys games haha. Some people thinks that I'm crazy but I really enjoyed playing this games with my gf. Even were two are grown ups, we find happiness playing with this games.

walet

Reaction score
Believe me, I have 40 years old and I am not ashamed to play with toys, I play with my older son when I have time. I don't care what people say, sometimes we all feel the need to be kids again. I also watch cartoons from time to time!

Top Bottom